Unable to join domain

Question

• I get the message about not being able to find a DC... as if the network is disconnected (but it is connected and internet access works).

Anyone been able to join a domain?

Cheers

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• Yep, works!
    • Marked as answer by campbell_kerr Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:18 AM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 2:15 PM
  • go to control panel>system.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 2:16 PM
  • Anyone figured out how to add a domain user account?

Ric Lewis - SDET Transactions
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:02 PM
  • Anyone figured out how to add a domain user account?

Ric Lewis - SDET Transactions

Same way as Windows 7, open Windows Explorer, right click on Computer, Properties, click Advance system settings, Computer name tab, Change button and type the domain name.

What error message are you getting?

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:08 PM
  • I'm also having joining domain issues.

After hitting OK I get the prompt for username/password on the domain I intend to join then after a few seconds I get a:

"The join operation was not successful. This could be because an existing computer account having a name "****" was previously created using a different set of credentials. Use a different computer name, or contact your administrator to remove any stale conflicting account. The error was: Access is denied."

I tried other computer names and nothing. Any thoughts?

Cheers

Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:23 AM
  • I'm also having joining domain issues.

After hitting OK I get the prompt for username/password on the domain I intend to join then after a few seconds I get a:

"The join operation was not successful. This could be because an existing computer account having a name "****" was previously created using a different set of credentials. Use a different computer name, or contact your administrator to remove any stale conflicting account. The error was: Access is denied."

I tried other computer names and nothing. Any thoughts?

Cheers

Have you tried joining to a domain using a local account instead Windows Live account?
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:42 PM
  • Thanks for the suggestion sergio, I tried that (created a admin level local user) and I'm still not able to do it.

Friday, September 16, 2011 8:52 AM