none
Fail to connect Internet sites after installing programmes related .net framework 4 (KB982670 and KB982671) RRS feed

• Question

• We have about 2000 client PCs and we asked them to install programmes related .net framework 4 (KB982670 and KB982671) yesterday by WSUS.

However we are reported that some of the client PCs installed programmes related .net framework 4 (KB982670 and KB982671)  cannot connect internet and and the following error message was shown on Internet Explorer.

code=ICAP_REQMOD_SVC_READ_FAIL Could not read the response from the ICAP service. Contact your system administrator

Is there possibility that .net framework 4 or older versions of it impede either the response from ICAP or the Internet connection?

Thank you for your support and regards,

Load_Major_General

Thursday, June 24, 2010 6:09 AM

Answers

• Hi Load_Major_General,

Thank you for your post.

Frankly speaking, it is the first time that I came across this error.

Could you please help me to check whether this scenario will happen when you clear the local cookies of these client PCs?

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Edited by YiChun Chen Monday, June 28, 2010 3:13 AM typo
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Thursday, July 1, 2010 5:43 AM
    Friday, June 25, 2010 11:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Load_Major_General,

Thank you for your post.

Frankly speaking, it is the first time that I came across this error.

Could you please help me to check whether this scenario will happen when you clear the local cookies of these client PCs?

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Edited by YiChun Chen Monday, June 28, 2010 3:13 AM typo
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Thursday, July 1, 2010 5:43 AM
    Friday, June 25, 2010 11:20 AM
  • Hello, Yichun,

We have the following experience that is related to the events failed to connect Internet sites after installing programmes related .net framework 4 (KB982670 and KB982671). We are using Japansese Windows XP SP3.

・ installed KB982670 and KB982671.
    ・ the following error message was shown on Internet Explorer.
    code=ICAP_REQMOD_SVC_READ_FAIL Could not read the response from the ICAP service. Contact your system administrator
    ・ Delate the following programmes by using add and delate of the control pannel.
        ・ Microsoft .Net Framework 4 Extended Language Pack  - Japanese
      ・ Microsoft .Net Framework 4 Extended
    ・ Error will not occure again.

Thank you and best regards,

Load_Major_General

Thursday, July 8, 2010 8:02 AM
  • Hi Load_Major_General,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm not quite sure why this scenario happened on your machine. I cannot reproduce the scenario on my machine.

Since this happened on Internet Explorer, you might try Internet Explorer newsgroup to eliminate some possible cause firstly. IE experts should be familiar with Internet Explorer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 9:22 AM