none
How do I 'Verify that an assembly reference is not missing.' in my app

Question

• My app is working, both when deployed from VS2012 onto my Windows Phone 8.1 and from Community 2015 onto my Windows Phone 10.   BUT, I am told by VS2015 that a type 'controls:Panorama' is missing.  Yet it works!  Why is this an error, flagged by underline in VS2015, but not in VS2012?   Obviously, I am a novice at this kind of thing, being entirely self taught by trial and error, but without guidance I may just cause some kind of damage to my app or my phone(s).

Mudakid

• Edited by Mudakid Saturday, December 31, 2016 5:45 PM
    • Moved by Neda Zhang Tuesday, January 03, 2017 9:24 AM Moved from vb.net
    Saturday, December 31, 2016 5:35 PM

All replies

• If you go to the project references for the project and expand the tree of referenced solutions, you are going to see one or more references with a yellow shield and an ! symbol, which is an indicator the reference is not resolved. It can't find the DLL that is being referenced, and you have not given the location of the DLL so that it can be referenced by the project.
    Saturday, December 31, 2016 6:20 PM
  • Hi Mudakid,

Thank you for posting here.

Since your issue seems more related to Visual Studio General, so I will move it to more related forum for better support.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Neda Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 03, 2017 9:22 AM
  • Thanks for the reply comes from DA924x.

Hi Mudakid,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

>>My app is working, both when deployed from VS2012 onto my Windows Phone 8.1 and from Community 2015 onto my Windows Phone 10.  

Do you mean the Windows Phone 8.1 or 8.0? Since for VS 2012 version, please have a look at this: Can I Develop Windows 8.1 App using VS 2012?, you can only develop windows 8.0 app in VS 2012.

As far as I know, starting with Windows Phone 8.1 the Panorama control has been renamed Hub Control, it’s now available on both Windows Phone and on Windows.

The Hub control has HubSection instead of PanoramaItem, and the HubSection must have a DataTemplate. The PanoramaItem could contain any container so here is a difference. Another difference is that the Hub control does not go around and around as the Panorama does if there are only two HubSections. If there are three it works just like the Panorama. There are some changes in the properties as well, the most important being Title in Panorama is now Header in the Hub.

<Hub Header="My header">

<HubSection Header="My sub header">

<DataTemplate>

<Grid />

</DataTemplate>

</HubSection>

<HubSection Header="My sub header 2">

<DataTemplate>

<Grid />

</DataTemplate>

</HubSection>

</Hub>

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/windows.ui.xaml.controls.hub.aspx

Refer to the above message, since the Panorama is gone and in VS 2015 and windows phone 10, you need to replace those used Panorama control with the Hub control.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 04, 2017 2:48 AM