none
WDAC on Windows Server 2008 - Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

It's the first time I post on the web, because I usually find posted answers. But this time...

I just migrated my ASP web site to .NET on a Windows 2008 Server.  My users upload Excel files which I have been accessing with the following OLEDB connection string:

mConnectString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\inetpub\wwwroot\website\uploads\members.xls;Extended Properties=""Excel 8.0;HDR=Yes;"";"

But when I do that, I get the follow error message:
    Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed.

I then tried to install the latest MDAC but I read that WDAC replaced MDAC for Vista and Windows Server 2008. And apparently, I read that WDAC comes with Windows Server 2008 by default, no need to install.

So I got stuck here.  Does anyone know what should I do? Do I need to install WDAC as a new Windows feature? Or is the issue related to my IIS7 settings / permissions?

I also tried to go the DSN root by installing MS Officer 2007 on my server, but I when opening my ODBC manager, and trying to install a System DSN, I don't have the option to install an Excel DSN (I only see the MyODBC mysql driver that I installed separately).

Can someone help me with these issues?

Thanks a lot!

YS

Thursday, July 3, 2008 11:58 PM

Answers

All replies