Can you use draggable="true" on ListView items?

Question

• Or is there any way of making an item in a ListView draggable?

(The documentation for drag-and-drop in Javascript apps is non-existent. All I can find in the samples is the Animations code, which tells me how to apply the default animations for something I can't even make happen.)

Any help appreciated.

Sunday, August 19, 2012 11:21 PM

Answers

• I couldn't get this to work, so I'm implementing the page using basic HTML with jQuery UI sortable and Knockout.js for the list binding. Works great!
    • Marked as answer by MarkRendle Monday, August 27, 2012 8:01 PM
    Friday, August 24, 2012 9:29 PM

All replies

• HI

Win8-UI app support HTML5 Drag and drop event.

Please refer to this Sample.

Then if you want to add this event to each item in listview please refer to my post here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winappswithhtml5/thread/556c4234-0c98-473b-b526-ab6d6f11dabf

Monday, August 20, 2012 1:02 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry, I'm probably being dense but I can't find what I'm looking for in that post. I can get drag-and-drop working as in the HTML sample, using just <div> elements, but it won't work with ListView items. I've added the win-interactive class and the draggable="true" attribute to the root div in my item template, but it's still not draggable. What am I missing?

Thanks,
    Mark

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 9:55 PM
  • I couldn't get this to work, so I'm implementing the page using basic HTML with jQuery UI sortable and Knockout.js for the list binding. Works great!
    • Marked as answer by MarkRendle Monday, August 27, 2012 8:01 PM
    Friday, August 24, 2012 9:29 PM