Report builder - build step level test execution results report RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

I'm working on showing Test Results from MTM from specific mentioned plan using Report builder 3.0.

I can see, we have all needed details including Test Case, Test Run and Test Result under Metadata. Problem is we want to go further and see result of each step of executed test case. For example, we want to see how many "Steps" are passed out of total steps of test case if test case is failed or test case is in-progress.

Nothing for Steps

I can't see any information "Steps" level when I select measure group at  "Test". Please help me with that, I'm trying to see this since a year now. This will save our manual effort of checking into the results using APIs.

Would appreciate any information on this please !

Best Regards,

Shrikant

• Edited by _Shri_ Friday, February 13, 2015 12:58 PM
    Friday, February 13, 2015 12:57 PM

All replies

• Anything on this would be helpful please.
    Monday, February 16, 2015 5:51 AM
  • Hi _Shri_,

According to your description, you want to show the status(Run, Plan, Result....) for each case. Right?

In Analysis Services, measure represents a column that contains quantifiable data, usually numeric, that can be aggregated. Dimensions are groups of attributes based on columns from tables or views in a data source view. In this scenario, we should create more measures to show the status of each case instead of creating a lot of dimensions. I suggest you create one measure for each type of status and only keep one Cases dimension.

Reference:
    Introduction to Dimensions (Analysis Services - Multidimensional Data)
    Measures and Measure Groups in Microsoft Analysis Services

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Simon Hou
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 16, 2015 8:44 AM
  • Thanks Simon, this si really helpful. We could add new dimention to our collection. One problem I came across is, when we try to mark "Steps" as Dimention in reportable field of WIT template, we get an error sayin we can not make html types as reportable.

Can you sugeest a way for this ?

Friday, February 27, 2015 10:04 AM
  • Any suggestion\solution on this please?
    Monday, March 2, 2015 12:53 PM