none
Unable to retrieve SharePoint metadata from Excel using VBA RRS feed

Answers

• Hello,

Thank you for doing tests.

I checked and can confirm the doc. lib. does have such column.

Actually I was able to fix the "wlemsDocVersion" column issue. I removed the column and re added it again. Apparently there was an issue with it on server.

Where I still have the issue is with a calculated column called "wlemsReviewByDate". It is a calculated column. I tested it to return a date or a string, in both cases I can' t get the column contents, while I can see it on the server using "View properties" command.

The formula is

=TEXT(DATE(YEAR([wlemsApprovedDate]),MONTH([wlemsApprovedDate])+[wlemsMonthToReview],DAY([wlemsApprovedDate])),"dd/MM/yyyy")

Any idea ?

Thanks

Friday, March 30, 2018 7:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Microsoft Excel features, I'll move your question to the MSDN forum for Excel

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=exceldev

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Emi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 2:06 AM
  • Hello Pierre Decrocq,

The function use the property name to try to get the property value.

For your issue, I think the reason maybe that your document does not contains a property named wlemsDocVersion or wlemsDocReviewByDate.

I am not familiar with Share Point, could you check the value of Property wlemsDocVersion and wlemsDocReviewByDate manually? If so, what's result of them?

What's the result if your run below code in VBA?

Sub TestSub()
        Err.Clear
        On Error Resume Next
        ServerProperty = ActiveWorkbook.ContentTypeProperties("wlemsDocVersion")
        If Err.Number <> 0 Then
        MsgBox Err.Description
        Else
        MsgBox ServerProperty
        End If
    End Sub

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 7:06 AM
  • Hi Terry !

Thanks for for your answer.

Here's the result :

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 9:53 AM
  • Hello Pierre Decrocq,

Could you confirm if the workbook has a property named "wlemsDocVersion"?

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 7:13 AM
  • Hello,

The workbook itself doesn't have a "wlemsDocVersion" property, the SharePoint library does.

kind regards,

Thursday, March 29, 2018 11:37 AM
  • Hello Pierre Decrocq,

I tried to create a document library and add a custom column TestColumn for it. 

I could return value of the TestColumn using "TestColumn". However, once I try to got value from an no-exist property, such as "TestColumn1", I got the same error message as you shared.

So I think the issue is that the document library does not have an "wlemsDocVersion" column. Please try to check it.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support

Friday, March 30, 2018 2:36 AM
  • Hello,

Thank you for doing tests.

I checked and can confirm the doc. lib. does have such column.

Actually I was able to fix the "wlemsDocVersion" column issue. I removed the column and re added it again. Apparently there was an issue with it on server.

Where I still have the issue is with a calculated column called "wlemsReviewByDate". It is a calculated column. I tested it to return a date or a string, in both cases I can' t get the column contents, while I can see it on the server using "View properties" command.

The formula is

=TEXT(DATE(YEAR([wlemsApprovedDate]),MONTH([wlemsApprovedDate])+[wlemsMonthToReview],DAY([wlemsApprovedDate])),"dd/MM/yyyy")

Any idea ?

Thanks

Friday, March 30, 2018 7:31 AM
  • Hello Pierre Decrocq,

>>Actually I was able to fix the "wlemsDocVersion" column issue. I removed the column and re added it again. Apparently there was an issue with it on server.

I'm glad to hear that you have resolved this issue. I would suggest you mark your solution to close this thread.

>>Where I still have the issue is with a calculated column called "wlemsReviewByDate".

We would suggest you post one thread for one issue. For the issue related to the calculated column, please post a new thread for it.

Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support

Friday, March 30, 2018 8:04 AM
  • Done for both. thanks !
    Wednesday, April 4, 2018 2:52 PM