none
Visual studio emulator for android could not load xamarin projects

Question

• Hi,

I'm using visual studio 2015 update 1 with windows 10 build 10586 TH1.

also I'm using Xamarin Version 4.0.1.96.

I have created a blank Xamarin.Forms app. It deploys to Windows Phone emulators without any issue. But unable to deploy to Android Emulators.

When I start android project Android Emulator launched successfully but visual studio freeze at this step.

I've tried a lot of android emulator profiles but cannot solve the problem.

This problem only exists for Emulators and project successfully deployed on physical android device.

I have the same issue with Xamarin.Android projects.

Here is all of the text in output window:

1>Starting deploy 4.5" KitKat (4.4) HDPI Phone ...
    1>Starting emulator 4.5" KitKat (4.4) HDPI Phone ...
    1>Validating emulator arguments...
    1>Determining if emulator is already running...
    1>Preparing virtual machine...
    1>Launching emulator...
    1>Emulator launched successfully

Thank you in advance for your help.

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 9:30 AM

Answers

• Hi armin rasoulian,

Please create a default app without any custom code and then deploy it to emulator to check whether the problem caused by your app.

If the default app also has this issue, please refer to the part of Visual Studio gets stuck trying to deploy the app to the emulator or the emulator does not appear as a debug target in other IDEs, which is similar with your problem. Hope it can help you.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt228282.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396#ADB

In addition, according to the thread you post on StackOverFlow, the Emulator for Android works fine on windows 10 build 10586 version 1511 of your laptop.

I suggest you upgrade the windows 10 build 10586 TH1 to version 1511 too. It can help us make sure whether there has some problem on windows 10 build 10586 version 1511.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, March 10, 2016 6:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Armin,

This is Visual Studio general issue, Visual Studio experts can give more precise troubleshooting for you. thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 9:33 AM
  • Hi armin rasoulian,

Please create a default app without any custom code and then deploy it to emulator to check whether the problem caused by your app.

If the default app also has this issue, please refer to the part of Visual Studio gets stuck trying to deploy the app to the emulator or the emulator does not appear as a debug target in other IDEs, which is similar with your problem. Hope it can help you.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt228282.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396#ADB

In addition, according to the thread you post on StackOverFlow, the Emulator for Android works fine on windows 10 build 10586 version 1511 of your laptop.

I suggest you upgrade the windows 10 build 10586 TH1 to version 1511 too. It can help us make sure whether there has some problem on windows 10 build 10586 version 1511.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, March 10, 2016 6:29 AM
  • Thank you Weiwei Cai,

My problemwas solved by your help. The problem was the android SDK path in the registry.

As soon as I got it right, the problem was solved.

Thank you very much for your help.

Thursday, March 17, 2016 5:09 PM