What's wrong with my local resource? RRS feed

• Question

• User-437298536 posted

Hi all,

This is my the code that I've setup on my Post.aspx

<table width="100%">
            <tr>
                <td>
                    <asp:label id="intro" runat="server" meta:resourcekey="introMessage">Your Emergenetics Profile has been saved successfully.  Feel free to answer these OPTIONAL survey questions.</asp:label>
                </td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
                <td style="font-size:larger">
                    <asp:label id="intro2" runat="server" meta:resourcekey="introMessage2">Optional Emergenetics Questionnaire</asp:label>
                </td>
            </tr>

</table>

I have a local resource plage as Post.aspx.TH.resx (where TH is the Thai language that will be translater if the page was access like Post.aspx?lang=th)

The problem is I don't know what was wrong with the code, the first label got translated (label id = intro), while the 2nd one (label id=intro2) somehow didn't pickup the translation... I've tried setup couple more labels and none of them got translated.

Any idea why?

Thank you very much,

Kenny. 

Friday, July 6, 2007 6:54 PM

All replies

• User445179017 posted

Do you have the resourceKey "introMessage2" in Post.aspx.resx ?

Thanks

Saturday, July 7, 2007 7:13 AM
  • User-437298536 posted

Hi there,

Of course I do have introMessage.Text, introMessage2.Text, etc... in my .resx page, that's why I don't understand, they are particularly the same code, only the ID is different but I don't know why only the first one (introMessage) got translated.

Thank you,

Kenny.

Saturday, July 7, 2007 9:38 PM
  • User-437298536 posted

Any take on this? No matter how I try to name them, only the first one got translated!

Thanks,
    Kenny.

Thursday, July 12, 2007 10:00 AM
  • User-437298536 posted

Solved... I thought that for the English, I can put the text within the .aspx page, but it turns out I have to create a resource file for the English language as well... So I need two resources files total.

Kenny. 

Thursday, July 12, 2007 11:25 PM