none
VBA for merging multiple PDF files with PDF Creator RRS feed

• Question

• I have a table with a field containing the path to a .pdf file in each record.  I would like to find vba code that will allow me to combine all the .pdf files in the table into one .pdf file.
    Tuesday, August 4, 2015 10:38 PM

All replies

• Hi. Have you lower at Lebans' website. Sent from phone...
    Tuesday, August 4, 2015 10:45 PM
  • Hi,

This is the forum for questions about Access development, since your question is about combining PDF files using VBA, I will move the thread to VBA forum, you will get more professional and effective help there.

Thanks for your understanding .

Best Regards,

Lan

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 2:09 AM
  • If you have PDF Creator, look at the sample VB code in C:\Program Files (x86)\PDFCreator\COM\Windows Scripting Host\VBScripts\CombineJobs.vbs which should give you enough insight to convert to VBA.

Graham Mayor - Word MVP
    www.gmayor.com

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 7:06 AM
  • Thanks Graham.  Maybe I don't have the correct version of PDF Creator.  My PDF Creator is  "Program Files/PDF Creator/ Com Scripts......"  I don't have the above files.
    Thursday, August 6, 2015 6:19 PM
  • I think you want to use ghostscript to merge pdf files.  Your command will look something like this:

gs -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -q -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile=finished.pdf myFiles*.pdf

You will need to call this with Wscript so you will block while it runs.

PDFCreator merges ps files so you need to print the pdf files to merge them.

Friday, August 7, 2015 2:29 AM
  • My PDF Creator version is 1.7.3. On a Windows 64 bit PC, you should have both sets of folders.

Graham Mayor - Word MVP
    www.gmayor.com

Friday, August 7, 2015 4:51 AM