Problem when reserving app name RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm trying to register app names for my upcoming Windows 8 apps, but currently I can't register any new names. It shows this error message:

"We can't reserve a name at this time. Please try again later."

Is there some kind of problem in devstore right now or am I not allowed to publish new app at this moment? I have devstore account registration from Excellence Lab.

Interestingly, if I try other well known name like "Angry Birds", it tells me this name is already taken, so the problem is probably only in registering free names.

And another question, how is Windows Store prepared for app name speculations and hijacking? Is there a limit for reserved app names per developer? I know that trademarked names could be regained back, if someone tries to hijack them, but what about other generic names? What if I reserve dozens of most common app name combinations containing "Weather" or "News" or "Notes" or names of common games like "Chess", "Go" for myself? Maybe someone has already done this...

Sunday, August 19, 2012 11:55 AM

Answers

• Hey Necroman,

Please visit the link below, choose the options that best relate to this problem, and then choose a contact option so that we can further assist you on this problem:
    Get Support - Microsoft Support

Steven

• Marked as answer by mark_1h Thursday, September 13, 2012 2:47 PM
    Friday, September 7, 2012 9:05 PM

All replies

• Same here.

weichhold.com

Sunday, August 19, 2012 8:31 PM
  • Ha, It works now, so it probably just a temporary glitch :) 
    Monday, August 20, 2012 5:53 AM
  • Same here...

But if you tried to take a name that isn't allowed (like MS protected) it says "Windows is not available. Pick another name"

And sometimes you get an error box that says that you should try to reload the page..

Cristian

Friday, August 24, 2012 7:07 AM
  • Seems like its only open during certain hours of the day? ~.~ Facing same issue
    • Edited by AtomBinary Saturday, August 25, 2012 5:58 AM
    Saturday, August 25, 2012 5:57 AM
  • Same issue here, been getting this for 3 days now:

"We can't reserve a name at this time. Please try again later."

Any fix found?

Monday, August 27, 2012 9:35 PM
  • Can you try and sign-out and sign-in again?  Or alternatively, close the browser and sign-in to the portal again?

Thanks,

Ben Grover

Microsoft

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 3:04 PM
  • Same here. Tried logging off and on, restarting the browser and using Modern UI browser. Still getting an error:

"sdfdasfq23r23r23r is not available. Pick another name"

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 3:22 PM
  • Can you try and sign-out and sign-in again?  Or alternatively, close the browser and sign-in to the portal again?

Thanks,

Ben Grover

Microsoft

Just tried that, now I'm getting like Ghostrider-13 in that any name I type it says it's not available.
    Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:22 PM
  • Hello all,

Could you please attempt to reserve the app name again?  If you are still seeing the issue, please submit a request at https://getsupport.microsoft.com/.

Thank you-

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 3:58 PM
  • I tried various names again, now it's back to saying "We can't reserve a name at this time. Please try again later. ". I'll contact support.
    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 5:34 PM
  • Hi Reality Studio LLC,

Can you please confirm whether explicitly logging out and logging back in has any impact on whether you continue to see the "We can't reserve a name at this time" error that you are seeing? 

Thank you...

-Jonathan

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 10:19 PM
  • Yeah I had tried that as well. I spoke with live support early this morning and they escalated it. Late in the afternoon they mentioned how server work was going on and to give it another try which I did and it now seems to work, I was able to reserve a few app names for all my next projects so I'm good to go! I suspect there will be ongoing server work so maybe it will stop working again, but I was able to reserve 5 app names successfully today.
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 12:37 AM
  • Again, it's not working today. I tried it yesterday with no luck as well.
    Friday, September 7, 2012 9:06 AM
  • Hey Necroman,

Please visit the link below, choose the options that best relate to this problem, and then choose a contact option so that we can further assist you on this problem:
    Get Support - Microsoft Support

Steven

• Marked as answer by mark_1h Thursday, September 13, 2012 2:47 PM
    Friday, September 7, 2012 9:05 PM
  • I'm again getting the error "We can't reserve a name at this time. Please try again later." almost every day. This way I can't reserver names for my apps and publish them. Please fix this ASAP and once and for all.
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 11:28 AM
  • Same here.
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 1:22 PM
  • When I am getting the "We can't reserve a name at this time. Please try again later." error I log-out and log-in again. It solves the problem for me every time... 

Review Horizon

• Proposed as answer by Tuan Tran 2 Sunday, March 10, 2013 8:20 AM
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 5:41 PM
  • "You reserved as many names as you can."

When I am trying to reserve the AAP name, this error will occur.

What is the solution of this error. 

Thank you......

Friday, May 31, 2013 12:43 PM