ISAPI in IIS6.0 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1837359769 posted
    Hi people, Recently I have installed a ISAPI-filter on IIS5.0. That filter works fine. Now I wanted to upgrade from iis5.0 to iis6.0. But because of security reasons, it's a bit more difficult to let the filter work in IIS6.0. I've searched the internet for almost 2 days, but I can't find any help that really works. I didn't design the ISAPI-filter by myself. It maybe could be the problem that IIS6.0 doesn't allow to READ_RAW_DATA ? But the filter has in IIS6.0 a green arrow, so that means it should work. I've read this article http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg102970.html and applied it. The isapi.dll is installed into the webserver-extensions. Could maybe someone help? Already thanks for reading this post. JeroenSW
    Friday, January 14, 2005 10:24 AM

All replies

• User989702501 posted
    When it's not working, any error msgs ? have you try debug it ? I'm not a coder, but I guess you can try this newsgroup, it's meant for ISAPI development, and many MS engineer hang out there. Connect to microsoft public newsgroup, and look for this group. microsoft.public.platformsdk.internet.server.isapi-dev
    Friday, January 21, 2005 1:29 PM
  • User-1041436249 posted
    Were there any reported error messages in the system event log?
    Thursday, August 11, 2005 1:16 PM
  • User1392434580 posted
    If you have the source code, I would try to step through the filter and debug it.  You can setup remote debugging if the iis6 box is different from your primary workstation.  This will at least tell you if the relavent sections of your filter are being hit or even loaded. 

Hth,
    Thursday, August 11, 2005 9:31 PM