Not able to deploy windows 8 executable(.appx) using powershell Error code 0x80073CF3 in Windows 8 tablet

Question

• 1. We are using SQLite package in Windows 8 metro application, to run this on Windows 8 tablet we have to add the C++ reference(Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime PAckage). 2. This code works or runs fine on the pc(local machine) with Visual Studio 2012, Windows 8 OS. 3. When we install the windows 8 executables(.appx)on the tablet using Windows Power Shell with administrator rights following error is thrown and app is not installed. Error: Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF3, Package failed updates, dependency or conflict validation. Windows cannot install package Demo1-native-gmx because this package depends on another package that could not be found. This package requires minimum version 11.0.50712.1 of framework Microsoft.VCLibs.110.00 published by any publisher to install. Provide the framework along with this package. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 7d2e1c8c-cedc-0000-872f-2e7ddccece01 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 7d2e1c8c-cedc-0000-872f-2e7ddccece01 Error code 0x80073CF3 4. Got the following information from event log error 0x80073CF3: AppX Deployment operation failed. The specific error text for this failure is: Windows cannot install package LarsenToubroInfotechLtd.SmartClientV2 because this package depends on another package that could not be found. This package requires minimum version 11.0.50727.1 of framework Microsoft.VCLibs.110.00.Debug published by any publisher to install. Provide the framework along with this package.

Nikhil Sharma10

Thursday, June 12, 2014 7:15 AM

Answers

• As the error suggests, you need to include the debug VCLibs package with your app. If you use the PowerShell command generated for the test package rather than calling add-appxpackage directly then the script should add it. Otherwise you wild need to add the -Dependency argument to your add-appxpackage command pointing to the VCLibs debug package.

Thursday, June 12, 2014 1:37 PM
    Owner

All replies

• As the error suggests, you need to include the debug VCLibs package with your app. If you use the PowerShell command generated for the test package rather than calling add-appxpackage directly then the script should add it. Otherwise you wild need to add the -Dependency argument to your add-appxpackage command pointing to the VCLibs debug package.

Thursday, June 12, 2014 1:37 PM
    Owner
  • Hi

Thanks for the reply.I am able to deploy the app in two steps.

1. installing Microsoft.VCLibs.110.00.Debug.appx and then installing the test appx.

The powershell script generated do check for the dependency . But the problem is when i create appx for my test app. The Microsoft C++ runtime package which i am using as a reference is not getting added while rest references are getting added. Is there a way that Microsoft.VCLibs.110.00.Debug.appx gets added at the time of creation of appx.

Regards

Nikhil Sharma10

Monday, June 16, 2014 6:37 AM