none
Visual Studio - Configure Data Source - Non-dbo Schema Stored Procedures

Question

• 

I work for a large company with big data and we utilize a data architecture where we mostly use non-dbo schemas. When I use Visual Studio (2013 Ultimate) and the Configure Data Source feature, it only lists stored procedures in the dbo schema. The ones I need are located in other schemas (rpt., adm., usr., etc.). Is there a configuration setting I can change to get VS to look for non-dbo database resources?
    Thursday, January 28, 2016 11:40 PM

Answers

• Hi johntisdale,

>>When I use Visual Studio (2013 Ultimate) and the Configure Data Source feature, it only lists stored procedures in the dbo schema.

Could you share me a screen shot about the result about the "stored procedures in the dbo schema"? So I could know whether the real data you want to get, or I could know that whether it is the VS IDE issue. If not, I will help you find a more appropriate forum.

>>The ones I need are located in other schemas (rpt., adm., usr., etc.). Is there a configuration setting I can change to get VS to look for non-dbo database resources?

What is the "non-dbo database resources"? Is it related to the SSDT functions like " Schema Compare"? 

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh272690(v=vs.103).aspx

Or

Is it related to the dbo Schema like this document? 

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb669061(v=vs.110).aspx

The dbo schema is the default schema for a newly created database. The dbo schema is owned by the dbo user account. By default, users created with the CREATE USER Transact-SQL command have dbo as their default schema.

Users who are assigned the dbo schema do not inherit the permissions of the dbo user account. No permissions are inherited from a schema by users; schema permissions are inherited by the database objects contained in the schema.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 01, 2016 7:45 AM