none
Runtime error - R6025 - Pure Virtual Function Call - Replacing Error Handler? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All

I have Win10 64b and Excel 2013 64b. 
    I´m running a file that makes a lot of RTD requests and I think that that is the cause of this error.
    (I´ve tried in safe mode without addins and it still happens)

This happens several times per day: 
    1) This popup appears:

2) If "OK" is clicked, Excel closes and the file is reopened with a prompt to keep the changes.

I´m asking if instead of doing that when the error occur, it could:

1) Save the file
    2) Close Excel
    3) Open the same file
    (all of that without any sort of prompt/popup)

Is that possible?
    Friday, January 27, 2017 1:35 AM

Answers

• Is working without errors now, thanks. 

No Adobe, no Beta and no other programs running except for the needed ones.
    Maybe this helps someone in the future. 

• Marked as answer by NicoPer Thursday, February 2, 2017 1:51 PM
    Thursday, February 2, 2017 1:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

To check if the issue is related to your Excel application or the file itself, I suggest you open the file in another computer.

According to your description, I think the issue only occurs for this specific file. Since the file includes RTD connection, if you remove the RTD function, would it work?

I suggest you share your file and RTD server with us to reproduce the issue.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 30, 2017 8:06 AM
  • Hi Celeste and thanks for your reply

I´ve read something saying that this error was caused by a conflict with an Adobe Beta software for someone.
    So I uninstalled everything from Adobe and anything that had Beta in the name.

Then today I only opened the broker software (needed for the RTD to work) and this file in Excel. 
    Was prepared to take a screenshot of the running proccesses when the error appeared, but it never did..
    (First time running with no errors in a long time.)

So, it was either an Adobe software conflict, a Beta software, or any other software used while the file is running.
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 7:34 PM
  • So does it work now after you uninstall Adobe software?

Sorry that I could not confirm if it is a software conflict issue, because I don't the same file to test. 

I would suggest you open the file and run the RTD in several computers to check if the issue is related to your current computer environment.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 2, 2017 7:20 AM
  • Is working without errors now, thanks. 

No Adobe, no Beta and no other programs running except for the needed ones.
    Maybe this helps someone in the future. 

• Marked as answer by NicoPer Thursday, February 2, 2017 1:51 PM
    Thursday, February 2, 2017 1:51 PM