none
Allow Users to Change Password in portal.office.com RRS feed

• Question

• We recently migrated to O365 from G Suite and we were sold the Microsoft Corp. CSP Office 365 Business Premium license from our CSP.

I support three different offices in three states that operate as separate companies. I need on-prem domain controllers to manage the users so that I can run O365 bill-back reports to each state. We have Azure AD Connect syncing our DC's to Azure.

A majority of our users are remote sales people with BYOD devices not joined to our domain. They rely on the office portal to manage their accounts. One of the functionalities we are having issues with is that users cannot change or reset their passwords. 

After a month of several support tickets with Microsoft and several different support reps we have finally found the root of the issue. The O365 Business Premium license does not allow hybrid write-back synced users to SSRP or change their passwords. 

As the Global Admin I'm able to reset a users password in the portal and it syncs back down to our DC's. Since the functionality is already there, I would like to request that MS at least allows the users to change their password. I can understand that SSRP could perhaps require some additional licensing.

Thank you.

Friday, May 24, 2019 3:41 PM

All replies