server to client seamless window RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to send a window from my server (Windows Server 2003) to my client XP (Vista etc) machine programmatic. The window will be explorer.exe or an exe application.

For example, The client requests app.exe to be executed on server and the server displays the window on the client machine. I require the window to be displayed as a seamless window on the  (window is not shown in a container window)

From my research i think i have the following options

-Remote Desktop Connection. But the client window is in the RDC client window. I would also like control on the server end if the application has permission to run ETC. Has disadvantage as each connection is a user session

-Windows Desktop Sharing API. But the API is not available on XP ? Advantage is that each each connection is not treated as a user session. Does anyone know of a way to use the API in XP?

Does anyone know of a suitable method to display the server window seamlessly on the client? Is there an open source Remote Desktop Client i can edit to achieve my goal?

Saturday, October 4, 2008 4:03 PM

All replies

• can you explain your original problem statement?  I think there could be some other simple solution if you explain the actual problem you are trying to solve.

Sunday, October 5, 2008 6:33 AM
  • What i need to do is execute programs on a server when a client requests and display the window on the client. i need the window to appear as a regular window on the client and not in a container window like with RDP.

In short i want the user to seamlessly interact with the server window that is displayed on the client.

Sunday, October 5, 2008 7:29 AM