none
Entity Framework Concurrency Issue, is it resolved in new EF release scheduled for January? RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I was told I have to open a new thread to ask this question.  I had posted a detailed description of a legitimate problem I have with Entity Framework 4.0 in the Concurrency.  The link to this discussion is here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/adodotnetentityframework/thread/e6a8bd4b-b4ad-4459-904b-db21f2e0e5ab

Near the bottom you will notice that my brother recently attended a seminar in which he was told that there is a new Entity Framework release that is forthcoming in early 2011.

It is important to me, to find out whether the Concurrency issue that I raised in the thread linked above, has been resolved in this upcoming Entity Framework 4 release.

I had asked previously, for a tracking number or other issue number so that I could follow the progress of the problem that I raised.  None was provided.  The forum linked above is the only place I'm aware of, that this problem is being discussed.

Can someone please give me some feedback as to whether the issue I wrote about in that thread, has been addressed and will be resolved in a future EF4 release?  I'm really having a hard time getting any usable feedback from Microsoft about this issue.

Finally I want to say, that I think it is dumb for me to have to open a new thread to inquire about the progress of this same old issue that I had asked about before.  WHY!?  We lost the discussion context of the issue, which was important and valuable!

Thanks,

Hugh

• Edited by HugeHugh Monday, December 27, 2010 5:12 PM fix typo
    Monday, December 27, 2010 5:11 PM

All replies