Web Part connections not supported for Picture Libraries? RRS feed

• Question

• I need to relate images in a Picture Library to data in the WebBCM Opportunity list, so I've added a column for the ID of the Opportunity list item.

I've built a Dashboard that shows the opportunities in one pane, and has a Picture Library web part in another pane.

I'd hoped to be able to use Web Part connections so that I can select an Opportunity in the top pane, and then automatically have the images associated with that Opportunity show in the Picture Library web part.

But it seems that Picture Library web parts don't support Web Part connections.

Why is this?

Is there an alternative way for me to do what I'm trying to achieve?

Friday, March 2, 2007 1:45 PM

Answers

• That is consistent with my attempts as well.  Thanks for your feedback.

Matt Smith - MSFT

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 5:18 PM

All replies

• Dave,

I do not believe it is possible to configure this scenario through the browser; however, I am investigating options using SharePoint Designer.  Can you give me more information on how the picture and Opportunity will be related, e.g. picture name is opportunity id, etc. I will post to this thread again when I know more.

Thanks,

Matt Smith - MSFT

Saturday, March 17, 2007 12:23 AM
  • Matt,

When tried to define the web part connections for Picture Library in SharePoint Designer 2007, the designer gives a statement that "web part connection is not supported with picture library".

Sunday, July 22, 2007 9:00 PM
  • That is consistent with my attempts as well.  Thanks for your feedback.

Matt Smith - MSFT

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 5:18 PM