Azure back up fails with error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are trying to backup a volume but the job fails. We are trying to backup on premise File Sever to Azure in Resource Manager Portal. But while doing so we are are getting below error. Can someone suggest anything?

Error: Microsoft Azure Backup failed to access the shadow copy because of inadequate disk space on the volume. Retry the operation after increasing the free space available in the volume (0x08174)

Regards, Noble K Varghese

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 8:45 AM

All replies

• Hey,

Can you tell some more details on it like where are you taking backup?

Can you please check the disk space available on your azure resource group.

If enough disk space is not available then you can attach a new data disk and do the backup there.

Please Mark as Answer if my post works for you or Vote as Helpful if it helps you. Kapil Singh

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 8:54 AM
  • Hi kapil,

Thanks for the response. I am backing up my on premise File Server running Windows Server 2012 R2 to Azure. I am using Azure Recovery Services aka Azure backup for this.

How can I check the disk space on the Azure Resource Group?

Also, as I said before, I am using Azure Recovery Services for the backup. Hence I am not attaching any disks before the backup.

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 9:03 AM
  • Hi kapil,

Thanks for the response. I am backing up my on premise File Server running Windows Server 2012 R2 to Azure. I am using Azure Recovery Services aka Azure backup for this.

How can I check the disk space on the Azure Resource Group?

Also, as I said before, I am using Azure Recovery Services for the backup. Hence I am not attaching any disks before the backup.

Hope this helps.

Hey,

Check out this link -

https://www.veeam.com/kb1794

Hope it will helps you.

Please Mark as Answer if my post works for you or Vote as Helpful if it helps you. Kapil Singh

• Proposed as answer by Kapil.Kumawat Tuesday, September 5, 2017 9:11 AM
    Tuesday, September 5, 2017 9:11 AM
  • One more link -

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/backup/backup-azure-vms-troubleshoot

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 9:14 AM
  • If you are using any antivirus, exclude the following folders from protection and let us know the error status:

1.Cbengine.exe folder: Default path on MARS is “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent\bin\cbengine.exe”

2. Scratch folder.

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

• Edited by vikranth s Wednesday, September 6, 2017 7:30 PM Format
    • Proposed as answer by vikranth s Thursday, September 7, 2017 4:17 PM
    Wednesday, September 6, 2017 4:48 PM