Hosting a static JS(React) site, using .Net APIs and SQL server RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to shift my site to Azure. It's  low use, in-development and testing stage.

I use React as a front end language, so want to use static storage for the website. I would like to use a custom domain here.

The site makes use of a few .Net (Core 3.0) WebAPI endpoints. In turn, they use a SQL Server database.

I'd like AppInsights as well.

That's really all I need.

I have attempted to price this, and am not sure if this is right or not.

https://imgur.com/MdmQyuk

Can this be hosted for $6 (Australian dollars) per month?

Will I be able to associate api.mydomainname.com to my API end points, and www.mydomainname.com or mydomainname.com to my static site?

Sunday, November 17, 2019 8:53 AM

All replies

• Thanks for reaching out! Please note that the prices mentioned in Azure pricing calculator are estimates and are not intended as actual price quotes. Actual prices may vary depending upon the date of purchase, currency of payment and type of agreement you enter with Microsoft.

Below are some of the considerations you need to take in account.

• To map a custom DNS name to a web app, the web app's App Service plan must be a paid tier (Shared, Basic, Standard). So if you are using a free tier,  you will not be able map your custom DNS to your site.Based on the underlying operating system (Windows or Linux), you use for app service also varies the Azure pricing.
    • Bandwidth Charges (Data moving in and out from azure data centers other than explicitly covered by CDN)
    • You will also be charged for the data ingestion in Application Insights. Pleas refer this article for reference.

Hope this helps!

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 9:57 AM