Filter on Domain Attribute is missing some values RRS feed

• Question

• Have a simple domain attribute entity loaded with 1313 "Cost Center" rows and another entity with 22000 "persons", each with an assigned cost center.

When attempting to filter Persons entity on Cost Center code, some of the codes are not in the drop down selector - one or two generally, and they are in the list on the screen.

Pre-filtering the list to reduce the volume of possible codes still resulted in missing entires. Also appears that the volume of available selections is not reduced by pre-filtering the list. Forced sorting does not cause missing values to be added. Missing values are always found in the Attribute Entity.

Rate of missing values appears to be very low, but there always seems to be a few, and they are always the ones chosen for demonstration (very embarassing!)

Anybody seen this and have a solution?

Tony

Richard A. "Tony" Eckel Rochester, NY
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 12:40 PM

Answers

• Hi tony

Is it related to this configuration settings value ?

Xavier Averbouch
    Avanade , FRANCE
    If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Vote as Helpful".
    • Proposed as answer by Venkataraman R Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Tony Eckel Wednesday, August 17, 2011 1:50 PM
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 3:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Richard,

you said "Missing values are always found in the Attribute Entity."

do you mean you 've called an Entity with name "Attribute" ?

if yes, maybe you should rename it, because I think this reserved keyword can affect data display.

Regards,

Xavier Averbouch
    Avanade , FRANCE
    If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Vote as Helpful".
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 2:01 PM
  • No -

Domains have entities who exist as attributes for other - therefore, the entity is an attribute entity

The attribute entity is named Cost_Center

The primary entity is called Persons

The issue is not one of reserved words, it appears to be an incomplete list in filters either because there is a limit to the number of attribute values that can be displayed in the filter selection, or there is a limit on whatever process collects and sorts the available values.

Tony

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 2:10 PM
  • Hi tony

Is it related to this configuration settings value ?

Xavier Averbouch
    Avanade , FRANCE
    • Proposed as answer by Venkataraman R Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Tony Eckel Wednesday, August 17, 2011 1:50 PM
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 3:11 PM
  • I would say "yes" except I am on Cummulative 6 and in hindsite, should have gotten a search box (ref:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2486113)

Set the limit to 200 and I'll report results -

Thanks for the input

Tony

Thursday, March 10, 2011 4:16 PM
  • Report = the Number of Domain Attributes in list is simply truncating the list when the members exceed that setting; it is not reverting to a search or pattern selection.

My expectation is that the filters would work a lot better than this - Like Excel filtered data.

Tony

Thursday, March 10, 2011 4:57 PM
  • Hi Tony,

maybe you could submit your expectation on the MS SQL SERVER feedback page ?

https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback

Regards,

Xavier Averbouch
    Microsoft Community Contributor
    Avanade , FRANCE
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 11:28 AM