initial setup, sql2005 & php?? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am setting up on a Windows XP Pro, multibox home network.

I have chosen IIS, working

Microsoft SQL 2005,  SQLEXPR.EXE

PHP,  php-5.2.6-win32-installer.msi

upon install php client states that I will need to config web manually,

I'm getting a string of missing dll file errors

something tells me I may be either missing an update, or simply using an improper combination

Looking for links 2 well matched soft.

Hoping someone smart on this issue can help me Get SMart Smile

M

Sunday, November 16, 2008 11:07 PM

Answers

• This looks like a PHP set up issue. The "php5.dll was not found" error, I think, is the most telling. Is the php5.dll in your PHP directory? At least some of the other errors look like extensions that failed to load, but the main problem is probalby the missing php5.dll.

I would suggest uninstalling PHP and reinstalling without the installer. You can find a zip package and helpful resources for installing/configuring PHP on the http://php.net site. You will have to edit the php.ini file and configure IIS to run PHP.

Hope that helps.

-Brian

• Marked as answer by David Sceppa Monday, March 16, 2009 5:41 PM
    Monday, November 17, 2008 4:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you provide a few more details about your configuration/errors? What version of IIS are you running? What are the missing dll files?

I'll need more information to point you at the right resources.

Thanks.

-Brian

Monday, November 17, 2008 5:05 AM
  • This application has failed to start because OCI.dll was not found, Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

This application has failed to start because LIBPQ.dll was not found, Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

This application has failed to start because sqlite3.dll was not found, Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

This application has failed to start because aspell-15.dll was not found, Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

This application has failed to start because libcs.dll was not found, Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

This application has failed to start because DB2CLI.dll was not found, Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

This application has failed to start because isqlt09a.dll was not found, Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

This application has failed to start because iilibapi.dll was not found, Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

This application has failed to start because libSQLDBC_C.dll was not found, Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

This application has failed to start because libmonetra.dll was not found, Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

This application has failed to start because lcrzo.dll was not found, Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

This application has failed to start because OCIW32.dll was not found, Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

This application has failed to start because DB2CLI.dll was not found, Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

This application has failed to start because ICLIT09B.dll was not found, Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

This application has failed to start because php5.dll was not found, Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

MMC has detected an error in a snap-in. It is recomended that you shut down and restart MMC.

The exe's appeared to have loaded properly?

XP PRO

C:\WINDOWS\system32\iisreset.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe

if this does not determine which type of IIS is running please let me know where to look,, this info came from services mgnt properties

php-5.2.6-win32-installer.msi

SQLServerDriverForPHP.EXE

SQLEXPR.EXE

SQLServerDriverForPHP.EXE

I haven't seen a string of errors like this in I can't remember when... I have been teching & building home systems for over 10 yrs.  just starting w php but this didn't look right that's why I thougth it a good time to ask.

It feels like even though the read me's put me on this path it may be incorrect.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME !!!!!!

M

Monday, November 17, 2008 11:16 AM
  • This looks like a PHP set up issue. The "php5.dll was not found" error, I think, is the most telling. Is the php5.dll in your PHP directory? At least some of the other errors look like extensions that failed to load, but the main problem is probalby the missing php5.dll.

I would suggest uninstalling PHP and reinstalling without the installer. You can find a zip package and helpful resources for installing/configuring PHP on the http://php.net site. You will have to edit the php.ini file and configure IIS to run PHP.

Hope that helps.

-Brian

• Marked as answer by David Sceppa Monday, March 16, 2009 5:41 PM
    Monday, November 17, 2008 4:41 PM
  • If you're still looking for information on how to set up PHP on IIS, I'd also recommend going to the PHP on IIS site at: http://www.iis.net/php.

I hope this information proves helpful.

David Sceppa
    Program Manager - SQL Server Driver for PHP
    • Proposed as answer by David Sceppa Monday, March 16, 2009 5:43 PM
    Monday, March 16, 2009 5:43 PM