(Exception de HRESULT : 0x8007001F) Windows 8 Universal App, error when deploying on Surface 2, WinRTXamlToolkit bug?

Question

• I am unable to deploy to my surface 2 (ARM version) xhen i deploy here is the error message i get:

Output debug:*A first chance exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in WinRTXamlToolkit.DLL

Exception Message:

System.Exception:A device attached to the system is not working properly. (Exception de HRESULT : 0x8007001F) at Windows.UI.Xaml.FrameworkElement.OnApplyTemplate() at WinRTXamlToolkit.Controls.WatermarkTextBox.OnApplyTemplate()

When i remove WinRTXamlToolkit and replace the WatermarkTextBox with a text block i get the following error when i deploy on my surface: A device attached to the system is not working properly, what is this bug?

Edit: It would seem that the bug is coming from somewhere else in the code because when i add the WinRTXamlToolkit control for windows 8.1 in another project and test to deploy on the arm machine i have no problem...

Damien Delaire

Friday, November 14, 2014 6:12 AM

Answers

• Is this crashing the app or is it a handled exception? If it's handled in library code then you probably don't need to worry about it. That's likely benign and may occur where something is trying to see which devices are

If it is causing a real problem then either live debug or examine a dump to see where it occurs.

Saturday, November 15, 2014 1:47 AM
    Owner