Build Detail REST API for XAML definition RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

We are developing a plugin for TFS 2015 where we can trigger a build by selecting predefined build definition. The plugin is showing the build response also . We are using REST APIs provided by TFS

For getting build response we are using below APIs.

1)http://hostname:8080/tfs/DefaultCollection/TestPoject/_apis/build/builds/buildId?api-version=2 for getting details like status ,result etc.

2)http://hostname:8080/tfs/DefaultCollection/TestPoject/_apis/build/builds/buildId/timeline?api-version=2 for getting details like build issues, logs etc.

The above API's are working fine in normal build definition.

But second API to get build details is failing for XAML definition. It is not giving any response back.

Can someone please answer below queries.

1)Why the build details API is not returning any response

2)If XAML definition is not supporting Build Detail REST API ,is there any way to differentiate between build definition and XAML definition. If there is any way to differentiate I will skip calling this API .

3)I am using XAML definition to run unit test case. Is there any API to get details of test cases which got executed like how many test cases failed, cause of failure etc.

Any help is really appreciated.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 6:27 AM

Answers

• Hi BABEET,

>> Why the build details API is not returning any response

Because XMAL build hasn’t the timeline. You could select a completed VNext build and open it, you could find Summary, Timeline and Artifacts.

>> If XAML definition is not supporting Build Detail REST API ,is there any way to differentiate between build definition and XAML definition. If there is any way to differentiate I will skip calling this API .

Their type is different, the XAML build’s type is xaml, the VNext build’s type is build. You could get build definitions by using this API: (_apis/build/definitions)

>> Is there any API to get details of test cases which got executed like how many test cases failed, cause of failure etc

I check the build reset API, I don’t find the build reset API that could achieve that. You may need to consider Test management reset API.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 17, 2015 6:49 AM