Designer view doesnt work RRS feed

• Question

• Hey, I was refered to here from my other question thread
    http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2461877&SiteID=1

This is what I wrote in my last thread
    I got this problem in the big version of Visual Studio 2005 too. Then I uninstalled it and tried to install it again, but got error code 1304. Tried to find a solution for that but no good answer. So I installed Visual Studio C# Express edition 2005. My project seems to work. I can run and debug it, but thats not the problem, the problem is that in designer view I cant see the form and the controls.

I get this error message instead
    One or more errors encountered while loading the designer. The errors are listed below. Some errors can be fixed by rebuilding your project, while others may require code changes.

No more data is available.
    Hide    

at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32Error(Int32 errorCode, String str)
    at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.GetValueNames()
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Design.WindowPaneProviderService.AppendWindowPanes(RegistryKey parentKey, ArrayList windowPanes)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Design.WindowPaneProviderService.GetRegisteredPanes(String extension)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Design.WindowPaneProviderService.CreateWindowPane(DesignSurface surface)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.DeferrableWindowPaneProviderService.CreateWindowPane(DesignSurface surface)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.DeferrableWindowPaneProviderService.DeferredWindowPane.EnsurePane()

rebuilding it doesnt work, neither do my older projects dont work nor newly created work. This problem occurs in Visual Studio 2005.
    It worked fine last week, but after I shut down the computer for the week and started it today I get this stupid message. Any help would be appreciated

Monday, November 26, 2007 6:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Wai,

For your concern, you can try the following suggestions and see if it works for you:

1). When you open your form and you get this error. Close all the forms.

2). Close VS.NET (make sure none of the forms are open at this time)

3). Delete "bin" and "obj" folder physically.

4). Open VS.NET

5). Rebuild your application

6. Try opening your forms now and check if it works.

Besides, you can try to check if you have any virus in your PC. Here is a thread about this issue discussions for your reference - http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/showpost.aspx?postid=789118&siteid=1&sb=0&d=1&at=7&ft=11&tf=0&pageid=1

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 5:30 AM