Connecting to Novell eDirectory RRS feed

• Question

• We currently have customers that have Active Directory and I have successfully set them up. Now I need to connect to a customer's Novell LDAP server and I cant get it to connect.

It is a .net 4.0 framework application and I am using System.DirectoryServices:

_ldapDirEntry = new DirectoryEntry(theSettings.PrimaryUrl, theSettings.UserName, theSettings.Password);
                    _ldapDirEntry.RefreshCache();
                    src = ReturnSearchResults(theSettings.KeyName, theSettings.QueryFilter);

I get invalid user name or password.  Do I need a separate library to connect to Novell eDirectory?  I saw one out there in NuGet called: novell.directory.ldap.  Or is there another way to do it?  Also, what about lotus Domino?  Would I need yet another library for it as well?

I did find this in talking about creating a custom provieder but it is referencing .net 2.0:  http://forums.asp.net/t/970391.aspx

Any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Monday, March 30, 2015 7:47 PM

Answers

• I used DirectoryEntry in .NET v2 days and it worked correctly for Novell LDAP servers, there's no reason why it won't work for v4 for me.

Actually the page you provided contains working code. If you still cannot connect, you may try to find "ldp.exe" from Win2000 Support Tool Kit to see whether the parameters you supplied is correct.

You may also try to gather the log from administrator to see if anything is missing. (A most common one is missing one or two levels of OU because the administrators moved them)

• Marked as answer by Fred Bao Tuesday, April 7, 2015 9:36 AM
    Tuesday, March 31, 2015 2:02 AM
    Answerer