XML data source missing data RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Gang

I have an XML datasource I'm using in a webtest, however, when I run the test some of the data is missing even though I've told it  to "Select all columns".  Please see the attached screen shots of the xml file and the context.

From the context

From the xml file

Any thoughts as to why Add:From_Date is missing from the context?

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 9:58 AM

Answers

• Thanks Jack I've been around :D

I figured it out it was duplicate column names in the original csv I have corrected and it is working now.  It would have been nicer if it had produced some kind of error rather than ignoring both duplicates.  But then it would be nicer if the CSV ODBC driver had an easier mechanism for saying every column is text rather than having to create schema.ini (Haven't ini files been obsolete for over 20 years now)

/Rant

Take care

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 10:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Ian,

Long time no see you:)

For this issue, re-create a new simple XML datasource, just input the Add:From_Date in it, and then binding it to your web test, run your web test, how about the result? Whether you could read this data no matter whether the request was passed or failed?

If it works well, please make sure that whether you really see this data when you select the XML file in the wizard, so we could know that whether the data source has certain issue.

Please also select "one run per data source row", check it again.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 5:50 AM
  • Thanks Jack I've been around :D

I figured it out it was duplicate column names in the original csv I have corrected and it is working now.  It would have been nicer if it had produced some kind of error rather than ignoring both duplicates.  But then it would be nicer if the CSV ODBC driver had an easier mechanism for saying every column is text rather than having to create schema.ini (Haven't ini files been obsolete for over 20 years now)

/Rant

Take care

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 10:16 AM