Weird animation on inserting items in a WinJS.UI.Listview

Question

• I have a WinJs.UI.Listview with has multiple rows and columns that shows results from a web query. I need to insert items in the proper position as they are received based on some index( the results are received out of order). So I use the splice method in the WinJS.Binding.List to do so. But the animation as a result of moving the records is not good.  What is happening is that when new results are inserted in the middle of the grid, everything after the insertion point slides down, once those items have finished sliding, there is an empty gap for some time, and then the new results fade in.

Is there any way to disable the sliding animation in the Listview, and just have the records fade in/out ?

Friday, May 18, 2012 11:46 PM

All replies

• The only thing I can think of is to redefine the hidden function in ui.js to not do animation.

Line 13439 has the _ListViewAnimationHelper:fadeInXXX functions.

You could redefine that in your object but I am not sure you will be in a supported scenario!

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 7:18 PM
  • Can you tell me in detail how to do that. I just had a look at ui.js and have no clue what causes the sliding anumation. 
    Thursday, May 24, 2012 8:43 PM