Dynamically generated MobileForm does not work in IE RRS feed

• Question

• User68261763 posted

HI,

I'm trying to dynamically generate mobile forms (which I think equate to cards in a WML deck).  I need them to be dynamic - I'm iterating thru a DataTable and creating a Mobile Form for each row.  It works fine on my Blackberry (Browser in WAP emulation mode), but in IE, I get an error when I click on my link button to go to the next card:

Server Error in '/FlightLogs' Application.

Page must contain at least one Form.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: Page must contain at least one Form.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[Exception: Page must contain at least one Form.]
       System.Web.UI.MobileControls.MobilePage.get_ActiveForm() +622878
       System.Web.UI.MobileControls.MobilePage.SavePageStateToPersistenceMedium(Object view) +474
       System.Web.UI.Page.SaveAllState() +552
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1676

Again, once I publish and try it on the BB, it works, but I'd like it to work in IE so I can test/degub from the development environment.  When I use static Mobile Forms (dragged from the toolbox), everything works in IE and on the BB. 

Can someone PLEASE tell me why my dynamically generated forms don't behave like the static controls when I run the application in IE???

Here is my code:

Sub LoadForms()

Dim objLegsAdapter As New FlightLogsTableAdapters.spFL_LegByDateACTableAdapter

Dim objLegsTable As FlightLogs.spFL_LegByDateACDataTable

Dim objLegsRow As FlightLogs.spFL_LegByDateACRow

Dim intX As Int16 = 0

objLegsTable = objLegsAdapter.GetData(p_dteDate, p_intAC)

For Each objLegsRow In objLegsTable.Rows

intX += 1

Dim objForm As New MobileControls.Form

Dim objControl As New MobileControls.Label

Dim objLink As New MobileControls.Link

With objControl

.Text = objLegsRow.orgid

objForm.Controls.Add(objControl)

End With

With objLink

If intX < objLegsTable.Rows.Count Then

.ID = "Link" & intX

.NavigateUrl = "#Form" & intX + 1

.Text = "Next Page"

.SoftkeyLabel = "Next Page"

objForm.Controls.Add(objLink)

End If

End With

objForm.ID = "Form" & intX

Me.Controls.Add(objForm)

Next

objLegsTable = Nothing

objLegsAdapter = Nothing

End Sub

Thursday, March 8, 2007 12:04 PM

All replies

• User-1179442337 posted

hiya im not exact sure what yr asking , but IE doesnt know what cards are. it doesnt know what wml is.

wml and cards = for wap 1.0 devices. me myself, if i was making a dynamic site for mobiles, i wouldn use cards as wap 1.0 is quikly

becoming a thing of the past. most mobile phones nowdays use wap2.0 which is near equivelent to XHTML and/or HTML.

wml cards were designed so that a mobile phone could load up several pages(cards) at once(deck). but this is no longer needed today as we have faster internet connections for mobile devices. also turn off all caching for dynamic content.

hope this helps.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 1:39 PM