infopath 2007 submit error - in browser RRS feed

• Question

• If I load the form in the InfoPath Desktop Client, the form submits just fine.

However, if i load via the web browser i get a "An error occurred while the form was being submitted."

how do i get more info on this error?
       There is nothing in the event viewer.

Thursday, May 3, 2007 10:27 AM

Answers

• my issue was resolved by entering the SMPT server in the outbound server on the sharepoint server, that i missed..  :)
    • Proposed as answer by MGUK Friday, February 19, 2010 4:03 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, July 22, 2010 5:37 AM
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 1:34 PM

All replies

• Check whether there are any exceptions in the SharePoint log files (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\LOGS\).
    Friday, May 4, 2007 8:08 AM
  • Thanks for ur reply,

but I didn't find any exceptions at that position.

It's urgent.

Please would you give the brief how to communicate Infopath form with sqlserver within Sharepopint environment and with browser compatibility.

Saturday, May 5, 2007 6:26 AM
  • A couple of questions for a little more info:

• Is SQL your Main data source for your InfoPath template?
    • What version of SQL?
    • How are you currently trying to insert/update SQL?
    • Do you have coding behind your form?

More info and we'll try to get you headed in the right direction.

BR,

Terry G Phillips

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 3:52 AM
  •  

Thanks Phillips,

I am herewith giving the required specifications asked by you:

• Is SQL your Main data source for your InfoPath template? : Through web service I am connecting to SQL Server 2005 database
    • What version of SQL?: 2005
    • How are you currently trying to insert/update SQL? : By Webservices
    • Do you have coding behind your form?: No.

It's working properly If the form is opened in infopath environment. But it's giving error while I am opening it as browser enabled.

Here I am giving the steps I have taken:

I created a web service which accepts input as parametres.

then create a new infopath form to submit the data from textboxes present in the form through submit button powered by the above said webservice.

It's working properly If the form is opened in infopath environment. But it's giving error while I am opening it as browser enabled.

I am also unable to display data while the form is opened with browser enabled. the following error is showing.

There has been an error while processing the form.
    Click Continue to resume filling out the form. You may want to check your form data for errors.
    Click Start Over to load a new copy of the form.

An error occurred accessing a data source.

An entry has been added to the Windows event log of the server.
    Log ID:6932

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 5:03 AM
  • Are you using NTLM or Kerberos authentication  for SharePoint, if I was to guess you are probably using NTLM.

Are you using a Universal Data Connection file .udcx?

As you will need to provide authentication information (best practice: go with SSO) to your backend database as InfoPath Form Services is unable to impersonate the current SharePoint user and authenticate with the SQL Server.

See these MS articles:-

Article on Issues with InfoPath Server and Impersonation

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms771995.aspx

There is also a good article on setting up SSO as well.

http://technet2.microsoft.com/Office/en-us/library/841080ca-3e3b-4dbc-a081-43c29c76b3551033.mspx?mfr=true

Let us know how you get on.

Simon

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 3:08 PM
  • I am running into the same issue (sorry didn't want to create another whole post on the same subject.) I put a basic submit to e-mail button on the form which works fine in info path but does not work on the web form. My server is stand alone and the form is being published directly from info path to the site.
    Wednesday, May 9, 2007 10:24 PM
  •  

Hi All,

I got an article relating to this.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb267337.aspx

Using SharePoint to Verify and Upload the Form Template

The SharePoint Central Administration site contains the Upload Form Template page, as shown in Figure 1, to verify a form template before uploading it. Once the form template is verified, enter the path to the form template and upload it to the server.

To verify the form template by using SharePoint Central Administration

1. Click Start, click All Programs, click Administrative Tools, and then click SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration.

2. In the top navigation bar, click the Application Management tab.

3. On the Application Management page, under InfoPath Forms Services, click Upload form template.

4. On the Add Form Template page, click Browse.

5. In the Choose file window, browse to C:\InfoPathLabs\deploylab01.xsn, click the template, and then click Open.

6. In the Deploy Form Template section, click Verify.

7. In the Report Details section, look for any errors and warnings for the form template.

8. If the system warns you that the template already exists, click Application Management, click Manage form templates, click the arrow that appears next to the form template, and then click Remove Form.

9. On the Remove Form Template page, click Remove.

10.  If you did not receive a warning, click OK.

But it is still giving error while I am trying to do the 6th step.

This form template cannot be uploaded to the server.

Review the following 1 error(s) for more information.

Errors

This form template has not been correctly published to be browser-enabled. Open the form template in InfoPath Design mode, and click Publish Form Template in the Design Tasks task pane. Follow the steps in the Publishing Wizard to republish the form template, and then try again.

manifest.xsf

Thursday, May 10, 2007 6:57 AM
  • Even If I am uploading a simple form having no controls, it's still showing the following error:

The restricted trust level is not supported.

It's Urgent. Please let me the solution If anybody have.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 9:06 AM
  • Try changing the security setting for the form from "Restricted" to "Domain" under "Tools > Form Options > Security and Trust" and see whether that helps. If the settings are disabled, remove the checkmark from "Automatically determine the security level" and explicitly set it to Domain.
    Monday, May 14, 2007 6:25 AM
  • Try changing the security setting for the form from "Restricted" to "Domain" under "Tools > Form Options > Security and Trust" and see whether that helps. If the settings are disabled, remove the checkmark from "Automatically determine the security level" and explicitly set it to Domain.

Yaah I did it  but no further success result.

Anybody have any solution ?

I am afraid whether Microsoft fails here.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 11:39 AM
  • I am too getting the same error.

"This form template has not been correctly published to be browser-enabled. Open the form template in InfoPath Design mode, and click Publish Form Template in the Design Tasks task pane. Follow the steps in the Publishing Wizard to republish the form template, and then try again."

This is when I try to upload from MOSS 2007:

Central Administration > Application Management > Manage Form Templates > Upload Form Template .

By doing it the reverse way, that is when I try to Publish the doc from InfoPath 2007

to SharePoint 2007, it gives me this error:

"The following url is not valid http://myurl"

Any idea or help wud be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Friday, May 18, 2007 8:56 PM
  • hi

can you help me i get this error  but i don't have any solution for solve it. please help me

Errors

This form template has not been correctly published to be browser-enabled. Open the form template in InfoPath Design mode, and click Publish Form Template in the Design Tasks task pane. Follow the steps in the Publishing Wizard to republish the form template, and then try again.

manifest.xsf

Monday, May 21, 2007 12:33 PM
  • Hello guys,

Till now I haven't also got any solution for it.

There might be a strong error with the product.

Let's check it's functionality by Microsoft guys.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 4:54 AM
  • http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/infopath/FX100647031033.aspx

Under "Compatibility considerations" it says:

if you are designing a form template based on a SQL Server database and you want your users

to submit their form data to the database through the main data connection, you cannot make

that form template browser-compatible.

May be you have to find some other way to submit the form with browser enabled.

Regards,

Pashmina

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 11:06 PM
  • Open up a  command window

Type 'net stop sens' hit enter

Bingo!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 1:16 PM
  • Bob(s). how would that help to resolve the issue?
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 7:13 PM
  • guys...check this out:

http://jopx.blogspot.com/2006/08/using-webservices-in-browser-enabled.html
    Thursday, May 24, 2007 12:57 AM
  • I had the same error in german: "Fehler beim Verarbeiten des Formulars". The message in server log was not helpful, too: "... stored procedure 'dbo.proc_GetRunnableWorkItems' not found ...". I tried very hard and found out that the renaming of some controls helped. More exact I had to delete the controls including data source and to create them new, this helped. It seems to me that SharePoint doesn't like some control names like "Personalnummer" or "Vorname", strange ... I think SharePoint must be repaired in this point.

Waiting for first service pack

User77

Thursday, June 28, 2007 1:25 PM
  • Dear All,

Can anybody help me to solve this problem?

Currently my InfoPath form is opening sucessfully in client mode but not supporting the datasource in browser oriented mode and throughing the message below message highligted in RED. Even though the same form is working fine when i use the datasource with http://servername but not working when i use https://servername

An error occurred accessing the datasource.

LogID: 5566

Continue   Start over

When i click the Continue the form open with data and submitting properly.

What i've done to check this issue:

1) Checked all Infopath services and associated checkes....

2) Checked all logs, but didn't find any exception.

3) Used Full trust to form but the problem is still there with datasource

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Best Regards,

Hina

Saturday, July 21, 2007 10:31 AM
  • Dear All,

Anybody can help to solve this problem  as soon as possible........ It's going hectic now.

Best Regards,

Hina

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 12:41 PM
  • Hi  I have the same problem .Could you tell if you solve the problem.I am at the some error and I cannot figer out what does "not correct publish " mean. I thing that the form is publish well.If you already come with solution please give me a hand.

Tahnks in advance for any given help and support.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 10:41 AM
  • <!--[if !vml]-->

Submitting to Database is not supported in browser-enabled form templates.

<!--[endif]-->
    Wednesday, August 1, 2007 11:15 AM
  • You go to site setting->site action->site collection features-> then activate office SP Server Enterprise Site Collection features.

It works for me.

Friday, August 3, 2007 12:16 AM
  •  

Hi, this feature is already ativated in my sharepoint site, but submit through browser is still an utopia.

I really try several thing but without any success.

So I'll be extremely drateful for any help.

Wednesday, August 8, 2007 8:24 AM
  • i actually had the same error but i was lucky i had allready published it to a forms library. I could revert to and old version edit my form again en publish it. That worked for me.

regards, Joost

Wednesday, August 8, 2007 8:37 AM
  • Thanks for the answer,but I still can not consider some issues.

So you are able to submit form through browser, just republish the form.Are using webservice to submit datasourse and are you using IIS through localhost site. I use IIS 5, I don,t know if taht can make a problem.

So I would like to ask if is it necessary to make some adjustings in Sharepoint Center Administration site.

I am really doubtful  what  I should do .

It is  very exaushting to search the solution for these problem.

So I am looking forward for any good ideas.I'll appreciate any help.

Wednesday, August 8, 2007 10:39 AM
  • I don't think there is an easy to fix the problem. For my project, what I did is build the infopath form from scratch and save the form every time I make any major changes. So whenever the form got error I go back and publish the previous version.
    Thursday, August 9, 2007 1:00 AM
  •  

Thanks for the answer Liu,

but I still can't realize some things, in you previous versions do you use templates based on webservices submit connection, because my template don't work if it has submit functionality.Sorry to me so annoying but I am really new in sharepoint infopath stuff and it is very difficult for me to comprehend some issues.

Actually I have problem to follow the steps in http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb267337.aspx

Is there someone who can verify and publish template , I fail either with cmd either with sharepoint central administration.

Thanks in advance.

Friday, August 10, 2007 6:48 AM
  •  

i finally success to submit in browser, I make my webservice on ISS on my sharepoint server machine, make the template full trust, and correctlly publish it.So the problem was that the template do not see the webservice and you should use sql anthorization instead of windows.

Good luch to every one.

Friday, August 17, 2007 8:14 AM
  • Hi Lvo Atansov,

Thanks a lot. will you please put the detail steps and procedures, in which way you finished the job successfully. I think it will be a great achievement for MOSS 2007.

Thanks again.

waiting for your detail

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 5:48 AM
  • Sorry for delay

1.First of all I make form FullTrust( this mean that the form require administrator approval)

2.I save my temple on my hard disk

3.Publish the templete on sharepoint serve

4.With sharepoint central administration I upload the templete ( i browse to the templete which is on my hard disk)

5.Activete my template as cite coletion feature and include it in my sharepoint document library.

http://weblog.vb-tech.com/nick/archive/2007/01/17/2100.aspx

this site was very helpful for me.There is step by step description what should you do.

6.MOST important you webservice must be stick to ISS on the sharepoint server.There is a problem to connect through you local mashine(local ISS  (localhost)).For connection use SQL Server Authentication.Create user for the database you use.

Chech the above site it si really detail and very good for understanding the problem

Good luck for all of you.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 1:33 PM
  • Hi

The error will appear when  when you are uploading form using Infopath Forms Services in Sharepoint 2007.

To resolve this follow the steps

Presume you are creating the form using Infopath ( Hope you are importing a form from WORD documents) 

While Publishing the forms - To a network location - in the last step of "Publishing Wizard"  - Do not specify any location .

We tried this and it worked .

Please try and let me know ..

THANKS

Sanjai

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 10:17 AM
  •  

Hi Guys,

Some more guys are also trying to solve this issue with the following Thread of forum.

Please go through it. It may help a lot to track the issue properly and to solve it.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2433025&SiteID=1&mode=1

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 10:19 AM
  • When I had this error, it turned was because I was passing a rich text field to the SQL database.  Once I changed the rich text field to a text field it worked fine!
    Tuesday, September 23, 2008 5:58 PM
  • I m getting the same error 

It's Urgent. Please let me the solution If anybody have.

Supriyo
    Friday, October 24, 2008 4:26 AM
  • You need to install a hotfix.

Description of the Forms Server 2007 hotfix package: March 4, 2008

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949752

Thursday, November 13, 2008 9:50 AM
  • Hello All,

I notice that this thread is quite old now but as I have recently come across it through Google after receiving the same problem, I thought I would respond with how I solved it.

I also received the error message consistently when trying to use a browser enabled form. I figured out what was wrong with it though after previewing it first before publishing and viewing the extend error message information.

1. When in Infopath 2007 design mode, under File choose Preview then Preview settings

2. Ensure that the URL for your Sharepoint site is entered in the Domain box

3. Go back to the preview menu and choose the actual preview option. The form will now open for completion but in the Infopath environment.

4. At this point, after submitting the form I received the key error message. I received this because of setting up the domain as in the previous steps. I think if you don't set this up, then the form is more likely to work as expected in this environment.

5. The error message I received related to the URL of the document library. The message was quite clear when detailing that it couldn't find the correct document library name. As mentioned in a previous post further up this thread, these URLs need to be exactly the same when setting up the Data connection type for the submit and also when going through the publishing wizard. I needed to change the reference at the stage where you concatenate a unique file name for each form submission.

6. After publishing the form, I test from within the browser and it worked as expected.

I thought this experience was worth stating as I suspect that this simple solution was one which would be encountered quite regularly compared to the authentication issues talked about above.

Hope that helps (someone)!

Cheers,

Chris
    • Edited by eComms Monday, June 15, 2009 3:31 AM
    Monday, June 15, 2009 3:27 AM
  • it is possible a Kerberos Delegation problem:

Configurar MOSS 2007 para invocar un Web Service desde un Formulario InfoPath en NLB

Regards,

GuilleSQL
    http://www.guillesql.es
    This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 11:08 AM
  • Two major problems can cause this issue

1. Unbound Dataconnection or DataSource .
    2. Incorrect Naming mechanism for the submitted form.

Case 1

If that is the case, simply create a new view in InfoPath , drag all the connection items ( you can acutally add all of them ) to your design space .
    don't wory about formatting them for now as this is only a debug stage.

do this with every data connection / data source you have in the form  , don't forget that web service here or that list , there..  :)

Save your work and publish your form and give it a shot.

If it works, you're lucky , don't thank me thank my company.

Case 2
    If you are having a problem every time your submit , with not Error Code, just the generic "error occurred ..."
    this might be the way you rename your file, in the form and you can test that with saving the form and not really submitting it . ( from the Save Button )

If you don't get any errors , then most probably that is the issue.

Go back to your Infopath and Check the Main Submit connection and make sure you use unique names for the form

for example , the default is

form.xml
    well that would work fine for the first file,
    then you try to get the next item submitted,  ( well I guess you got it by now )

use  concat("Form or myNiceFiles" ,now())
    pick now from the functions , it is not text.

Good luck coding ,and don't curse Microsoft , I think they are keeping our brains active so we don't age early..

-George Gergues
    -SharePoint Architect

Friday, October 30, 2009 9:57 PM
  • Hi,

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: Office SharePoint Server
    Event Category: Forms Services Runtime - Data Connections
    Event ID: 5567

there is an error emailing this form....

Im getting the above error.  i have created some form for the user to fill in on sharepoint and when they click on submit it send an email to the helpdesk email. when i published the form on a test server it worked fine but as soon as i published the same form on the live enviroment, the submiting stopped wotking and got the same error 5567 in the event viewer. now i dont know how to fix this issue. can anyone help?
    MGUK
    Monday, February 15, 2010 5:12 PM
  • my issue was resolved by entering the SMPT server in the outbound server on the sharepoint server, that i missed..  :)
    • Proposed as answer by MGUK Friday, February 19, 2010 4:03 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, July 22, 2010 5:37 AM
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 1:34 PM
  • I know this thread is pretty old, but I want to leave my solution here just in case it can help anyone else out (as this is one of the top hits on google for Log ID: 5567).

I received the error while trying to Submit a browser-run Infopath 2007 form to a SharePoint Document Library.

Turns out that I had messed up the Form Submit rules. Specifically, I had accidentally placed two identical "Submit Data" actions.

Good luck, mates!

Thanks,
    Asher.

Friday, November 12, 2010 3:19 PM