none
Outlook Templates and VBA RRS feed

• Question

•  Here is my problem.  I run a project management team for financial services firm.  There is an email address set up which the business users can send project request to my team.  Often the business users do not supply enough information to begin the project.  So I have created an Outlook template with headings for all the information needed.  This way I can ensure the users provide the required information.  Is there a way using VBA to retrieve the template from a shared drive rather than having the user manually retrieve the template by going through the process of selecting New Items, More Items, Choose Form, Look in: User Templates in File System, Browse, etc.  I would like user just to be able to enter the email address and then the VBA code to take over and retrieve the template.

Thank you,

Joe

Friday, December 8, 2017 2:51 PM

All replies

•  Here is my problem.  I run a project management team for financial services firm.  There is an email address set up which the business users can send project request to my team.  Often the business users do not supply enough information to begin the project.  So I have created an Outlook template with headings for all the information needed.  This way I can ensure the users provide the required information.  Is there a way for the template to automatically populate the body of the email when a users enters the email address for the project request?

Thank you very much.

Joe

Thursday, December 7, 2017 7:58 PM
  • Hello Joe,

>>Is there a way for the template to automatically populate the body of the email when a users enters the email address for the project request?

What do you mean this? Do you want Outlook to automatically populate to reminder you user to enter information once he enter your email address? 

You could develop an application to check if user is editing a mail to your address and then try to load the template body in current body. However, this application need to install in user's PC, could you install the application for all your user PCs?

If not, I would suggest you auto reply to your user after getting his/her mail to reminder your user send a mail with information you need.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 8, 2017 7:47 AM
  • Thank You
    Friday, December 8, 2017 2:36 PM