Error - unable to load manifest designer

Question

• I am using the VS2015 RC- When I create a Windows Store app project, when I click Package.appxmanifest in the Solution Explorer, I receive the message "Unable to Load Manifest Designer. The Manifest Designer cannot load because one of the files has errors."

I have not changed any code - this occurs on any fresh project when opening the Package.appxmanifest.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 3:52 PM

Answers

• So that's more like VS 2015 issue instead of the code issue.

For testing purpose, I would recommend you create a new blank app in Visual Studio 2015 and compare the manifest file.

Furthermore, since Visual Studio 2015 is still on preview, I can hardly suggest you something, but feedback to Connect is a good idea. http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, May 7, 2015 3:43 AM

All replies

• Hi Professor Corinne,

I will move the question from MSBuild to Tools for Universal App.

"Unable to Load Manifest Designer. The Manifest Designer cannot load because one of the files has errors", not sure which file got error, could you try to right click and select view code to see if we can open it with the code mode.

Another question is if the same thing happens on pervious Visual Studio version, for instance if your app is crated by Visual Studio 2013 but open with Visual Studio 2015, probably different visual studio version cause the issue.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 3:10 AM
  • James, Thank you in advance. When I right click Package.appxmanifest and select View Code, the code shows no errors. I have pasted the code below. I have open previously created apps from 2013 in VS15 RC, and the same problem appears when I double click Package.appxmanifest. I do not receive any errors when opened in 2013.

<?

xmlversion="1.0"encoding="utf-8"?>

<

Packagexmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/2010/manifest"xmlns:m2="http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/2013/manifest">

<

IdentityName="a82188ee-f99f-4764-92d8-dd33f1c3df49"

Publisher="CN=Corinne"

Version="1.0.0.0"/>

<

Properties>

<

DisplayName>Party Snacks</DisplayName>

<

PublisherDisplayName>Corinne</PublisherDisplayName>

<

Logo>Assets\StoreLogo.png</Logo>

</

Properties>

<

Prerequisites>

<

OSMinVersion>6.3.0</OSMinVersion>

<

OSMaxVersionTested>6.3.0</OSMaxVersionTested>

</

Prerequisites>

<

Resources>

<

ResourceLanguage="x-generate"/>

</

Resources>

<

Applications>

<

ApplicationId="App"

Executable="$targetnametoken$.exe"

EntryPoint="Party_Snacks.App">

<

m2:VisualElements

DisplayName="Party Snacks"

Square150x150Logo="Assets\Logo.png"

Square30x30Logo="Assets\SmallLogo.png"

Description="Party Snacks"

ForegroundText="light"

BackgroundColor="#FF0000">

<

m2:DefaultTileShortName="Party Snacks">

</

m2:DefaultTile>

<

m2:SplashScreenImage="Assets\SplashScreen.png"/>

</

m2:VisualElements>

</

Application>

</

Applications>

<

Capabilities>

<

CapabilityName="internetClient"/>

</

Capabilities>

</

Package>

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 12:33 PM
  • So that's more like VS 2015 issue instead of the code issue.

For testing purpose, I would recommend you create a new blank app in Visual Studio 2015 and compare the manifest file.

Furthermore, since Visual Studio 2015 is still on preview, I can hardly suggest you something, but feedback to Connect is a good idea. http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio

--James

Thursday, May 7, 2015 3:43 AM