none
Office 2007 Documents Removing Encryption Urgent !!!!!!!!!!!!! RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi ,

My application demands sending  encrypted password protected docx , xlsx files through email and We need to recieve it and write it on the disk and remove password protection so that it can be accessable to all users .

In the sending part i am encrypting the doc using the below code

Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.Document newDoc = new Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.Document() ;
    /// Some code 
     newDoc.SaveAs(filePath, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, "Password", Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing);
    ///Some code

///Send mail with attached password protected document

In the recieving side I need to remove the encryption . How can I remove encryption using c# code

I tried ,

Word.Document wordDoc = null; 

wordDoc = WordApplication.Documents.Open(filePathDocument, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, "Password", Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, false, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing); 
    wordDoc .SaveAs(filePath, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing);

and I tried the unprotect method .. they are not seems to be working

any help will be appreciated

• Edited by VSTO Keen Thursday, October 13, 2011 6:12 AM
    • Moved by Cindy Meister MVPModerator Thursday, October 13, 2011 12:46 PM Word-specific (From:General Office Development)
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 6:10 AM

Answers

• Hi VSTO Keen,

Thanks for your post.

When you save the word document again, please set the wordDoc.Password="". Please try below code and let us know the situation on your side.

wordDoc.SaveAs("D:\testmodify.docx", Type.Missing, Type.Missing, "", Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing);

If you have any concerns, please feel free to follow up.

Have a nice day.

Best regards

Liliane Teng [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by VSTO Keen Friday, October 14, 2011 3:53 PM
    Friday, October 14, 2011 9:59 AM