Windows 8 Dev Preview : Windows Installer Has Stopped Working

Question

• Hi Everyone;

I have downloaded the Windows 8 Dev Preview OS for a English, 32-bit (x86) system. When I run the Setup.exe program as administrator I almost immediately receive the message box, Windows Installer Has Stopped Working, and then the program terminates. I have downloaded the software twice and burned it to a DVD three time with two different burner programs with the same results.

The System Specs:
    OS Name               
    Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate

Version               
    6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002

System Manufacturer   
    Dell Inc.

System Model          
    Vostro 1700

System Type           
    X86-based PC

Processor             
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7300  @ 2.00GHz, 2001 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

Total Physical Memory 
    2.00 GB

Has anyone run into this problem and has a solution?

Thanks

Fernando (MCSD)

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:31 PM

Answers

• Hello Fernando,

Take a look at this thread and see if the steps help with getting the Windows Developer Preview installed.

Thanks

Michael
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:43 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hello Fernando,

Take a look at this thread and see if the steps help with getting the Windows Developer Preview installed.

Thanks

Michael
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:43 PM
    Owner
  •  

Thanks Michael for your quick reply to my question and that did resolve my issue.

Thanks again.

Fernando (MCSD)

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:51 PM
  • Windows Vista sp2  - Windows Installer stops working during installation of Windows Developer Preview (x86)

How is this fixed?

Thx

Bruce

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 9:52 PM
  • Hi Bruno;

Did you go to Michael's link he posted

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/aec79420-56bb-4a5c-b1c8-1030b2e77d23

It has the step by step of doing the install.

Fernando (MCSD)

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:16 PM