none
a server-side database availability group administrative operation failed. createcluster error may result from incorrectly configured static addresses. error: an error occurred while attempting a cluster operation. error:cluster api " add cluster<> failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Following error while adding new Mailbox server into existing DAG group(Exchange 2010).

A server-side database availability group administrative operation failed. create cluster error may result from incorrectly configured static addresses. error: an error occurred while attempting a cluster operation. error:cluster api " add cluster<> failed with 0*5b4. The operation returned because the time out period expired.

New mailbox server IP and settings are correctly and successfully able to ping from existing DAG group member servers. But unable to add new mailbox server as member.

Please help

MD

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 5:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Raffiq

We had run into the same problem long time back. You can check the following things and most likely one of them will be causing this issue 

Check the failover cluster manager and see if Remote Registry service  is started . Try restarting the remote registry service and see the results

Confirm NIC binding order on server that is getting error and ensure they are  in correct order
    If issue persists try disable following  (on all NIC cards on affected  server) 
    TCP checksum offload  
    Receive Side Scaling
    Network Direct Memory Access features in Windows Server 2008 
    Check if IPv6 is enabled and try disable it
    Review network settings on DAG nodes and ensure they are correct

Ensure that Enable File and print sharing on network Adapters is enabled on affected new  server

Good Luck :)

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts on http://exchangequery.com

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 11:27 AM