none
WindowBeforeDoubleClick doesn't work on Shapes in PowerPoint2016 RRS feed

• Question

• According to the specification here, https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/VBA/PowerPoint-VBA/articles/application-windowbeforedoubleclick-event-powerpoint, I have been trying to add the WindowBeforeDoubleClick event to my PowerPoint Addin on Windows.

I have tried other events like WindowSelectionChange, WindowActivate and they all are working. The WindowBeforeDoubleClick works only in the Slide Sorter view when you double-click a Slide but not on Shapes in Normal View. The documentation states that double-click callback function should work on Shapes under Normal View but it isn't. Is this a bug in PowerPoint?
    Thursday, July 5, 2018 8:39 PM

All replies

• Hello Harry Arora,

I could reproduce your issue on PowerPoint 2016, I would suggest you go to File->Feedback to submit a feedback for this issue. Currently, what do you want to do via the event? Is there work-around solution?

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 6, 2018 1:46 AM