mysql membershipprovider RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I create a mysql membershipprovider and I can create users, Login or Logout of my project.

But I can not undertand how to make whether or not a User has access to a particular silverlight page?

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 3:39 PM

Answers

• You would have to implement a role provider as well.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:44 PM
  • You can check the role membership on the client side if you using the authentication service. Depending on the Role membership you could enable/disable certain functionality on the client side. Here is a walkthrough that explains it. You just have to replace the membership and role provider with yours. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee942449(v=VS.91).aspx

Friday, September 21, 2012 6:16 PM

All replies

• You would have to implement a role provider as well.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:44 PM
  • I implement the role provider.

I can check what permissions the User has, but how to make a button stay visible or invisible according to the permission of the User?

How to be a function or not performed in accordance with the permission of the User?

Friday, September 21, 2012 3:06 PM
  • I have seen a lot of videos and youtube presentations from many experts but they all are not good. They are expalining hours and hours without any result. Microsoft should give a module or WYSIWYG program to implment this. This is more important than desigining a page.

How to give a security to user based on his profile and logon to a page or control or data. How a new person will understand a code when he is new to do this?  

Please ......................... many people are not interested in Silvelight due to this missing feature.

Friday, September 21, 2012 3:38 PM
  • You can check the role membership on the client side if you using the authentication service. Depending on the Role membership you could enable/disable certain functionality on the client side. Here is a walkthrough that explains it. You just have to replace the membership and role provider with yours. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee942449(v=VS.91).aspx

Friday, September 21, 2012 6:16 PM