IIS Manager Authentication RRS feed

• Question

• User1345905915 posted

Hi,

I'm trying to get IIS Manager Authentication working with FTP 7 / IIS 7.

I found some info from (http://www.trainsignaltraining.com/windows-server-2008-ftp-user-authentication/2008-04-30/) . 

When I'm setting up rights with CALCS, it says "Invalid Argument."

1. CACLS “%SystemDrive%\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config” /G “Network Service”:R /E
    2. CACLS “%SystemDrive%\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config\administration.config” /G “Network Service”:R /E
    3. CACLS “%SystemDrive%\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config\redirection.config” /G “Network Service”:R /E

I guess I need to do something like that... But what is the right syntax?

Thank you for your help,

Andy

Monday, February 23, 2009 7:25 AM

Answers

• User1345905915 posted

Sorry, wrong topic.. Answer also found

"

Hi,

If the “Network Service” account did not have proper rights(Read access) on the specified config file, you will receive this error message.

I  have Convert the CACLS command to ICACLS command, please try the following command:

ICACLS "%SystemDrive%\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config" /grant "Network Service":R
    ICACLS "%SystemDrive%\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config\administration.config" /grant "Network Service":R
    ICACLS "%SystemDrive%\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config\redirection.config" /grant "Network Service":R

ICACLS "%SystemDrive%\inetpub\ftproot" /grant "Network Service":(M,W)

If problem still persists, please update here.

Leo Tang
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help."
    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, February 23, 2009 7:33 AM