VS Team Explorer 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is there a Visual Studio Team Explorer 2015 download or has this been replaced by the Express Editions?

I've tried searching but can't find anything that that gives me the features that are available in the express editions (I can find info about community of the feature comparison matrix though).

Thanks

Leyton

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 10:31 AM

Answers

• Hi Leyton,

It really has a limitation for the VS2015 express version, and it has no the single setup package for this tool now. But if possible, you could use the VS2015 community version, it has this windows and it is free.

You can also submit a feedback to Microsoft Connect feedback portal: http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/CreateFeedback.aspx,Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 24, 2015 1:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Leyton,

It really has a limitation for the VS2015 express version, and it has no the single setup package for this tool now. But if possible, you could use the VS2015 community version, it has this windows and it is free.

You can also submit a feedback to Microsoft Connect feedback portal: http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/CreateFeedback.aspx,Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, September 24, 2015 1:57 AM
  • I don't see how Community Edition is an option for Enterprise users that 'only' need access to TFS to manage PBIs and other work items. I hope I'm wrong but it looks like we are 'stuck' with 'Team Explorer for Microsoft Visual Studio 2013' until there is a 2015 version available, so I hope Microsoft will give us some visibility how they plan address this need.
    Friday, October 9, 2015 4:49 PM
  • I agree!  For those who just need to access TFS in an Enterprise environment and not do any other type of development, is it ok to use community edition?
    Thursday, February 18, 2016 1:13 PM
  • It seems that the community version really has some limitations for the TFS features:

https://www.visualstudio.com/products/compare-visual-studio-2015-products-vs

Friday, February 19, 2016 6:03 AM
  • So how do we hook Enterprise VS 2015 into Team Foundation Server 2015? Is there a Team Explorer version for 2015 or not?

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 8:17 PM