How Do I Fix Error 26 Messages for Database That is Running RRS feed

• Question

• User-939035612 posted

I keep getting runtime errors in my ASP.Net WebForms application saying error 26 cannot connect to SQL Server. The SQL Server is running and the login credentials are correct, but every once and awhile I start seeing this error from the application. Eventually the error goes away and the pages load fine.

My theory is that something is wrong with the database and it cannot be found despite running in the correct place. How do I stop SQL Server from doing this to my website?

I found some errors on the server they say:

Error: 17300, Severity: 16, State: 1. (Params:). The error is printed in terse mode because there was error during formatting. Tracing, ETW, notifications etc are skipped.

AND

There is insufficient system memory in resource pool 'internal' to run this query.

They are associated with some pages that feature GridView controls bound to SqlDataSource controls that use direct SQL queries to select and filter records from a table full of posts in a database. There are 19,233 records in the posts table and the size of the table itself is about 50MB. There are other posts linked to it that are part of the query for things like categories and users.

Thursday, December 10, 2020 2:07 AM

All replies