command line add azurefunctions project to solution RRS feed

• Question

• User1034446946 posted

Hi

Ihave an azure functions project built using the command line, how do i add it to the solution folder?

the command which i useto add all my other project is

dotnet sln add .\Services\Categories\Categories.Functions\Categories.Functions.csproj

i have tried adding the solution name but again its not working

since there azure functions doesn't use dotnet it uses func is the same command i have checked the folder names and they are correct

the error says it cannot find the project or directory but i was wondering if this is a azure functions issue since its working with my other class libraries

Monday, May 11, 2020 10:31 PM

Answers

• User1034446946 posted

thanks it turns out when you add a functions project the project file name replaces . with _ but the folder stays the same,so i change project name in the command and it worked

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, May 12, 2020 10:15 PM

All replies

• User283571144 posted

Hi EnenDaveyBoy,

According to your description, I guess you may not use the right project path. I suggest you could try to use physical path instead of the reactive path. 

More details, you could refer to below command:

dotnet sln add "D:\Durable Function Test\Durable Function Test.csproj"

Result:

Best Regards,

Brando

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 1:54 AM
  • User1034446946 posted

thanks it turns out when you add a functions project the project file name replaces . with _ but the folder stays the same,so i change project name in the command and it worked

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, May 12, 2020 10:15 PM