none
Adobe Plug In RRS feed

• Question

• Would like to reach out to the community as to whether anyone uses an Adobe Plug In that, as I understand it, will pull in separate multiple Access reports into a single PDF.

Have been told as well that it is discontinued, though I don't know if this is true.

Thursday, June 29, 2017 8:03 PM

Answers

• Hi msdnPublicIdentity,

in Access , there is no built in feature to merge the report in single PDF.

so you can try to export the reports as PDF and then try to merge them using any third party library.

Option Compare Database
    Private Sub Create_PDF()
    Dim myPath As String
    Dim strReportName As String

DoCmd.OpenReport "Table1 Report", acViewPreview

myPath = "C: \Documents\"
    strReportName = "Table1 Report" & Format(DateTime.Now, "yyyymmdd") & ".pdf"

DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "", acFormatPDF, myPath + strReportName, True
    DoCmd.Close
    End Sub

Reference:

Print Batch Reports to One PDF in Access

but if your question is regarding Adobe plug In then I suggest you to ask the question on Adobe Forum.

they will provide library if available and sample code to do the same.

below is the link for Adobe Forum.

Adobe Forum

Disclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 8:42 AM
  • This is a function that I've used in Access to combine reports into one PDF. As noted earlier, you need to export your access reports to PDF format first, and then merge the separate PDFs. You need the Adobe plug-in and Acrobat Pro for this to work. This code works in Access 2010 (I'm not sure about newer versions).

' Notes: ' arrPDF() is a string array containing all the file paths for PDFs to be merged. ' strDest is the file path for the final, merged PDF. Sub PDFMerge(arrPDF() As String, strDest As String) Dim i As Integer Dim p As New clsPDF With p .ClearFileList For i = 0 To (UBound(arrPDF) - 1) .AddFile arrPDF(i) Next .Destination = strDest .Merge End With End Sub

This utilizes the code posted in post 3 in the following thread, saved as a separate class module (clsPDF):

clsPDF Class Module

Miriam Bizup Access MVP

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 10:19 AM

All replies

• Are you talking about an Access product or an Adobe item?

Build a little, test a little

Thursday, June 29, 2017 8:41 PM
  • my impression was it was Adobe's but that it was specifically made for Access Reports - and so users of it would be Access developers rather than say Adobe development people as they would have no need for it....

here's an old post on the topic:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_access-mso_other/how-to-create-a-adobe-acrobat-file-from-multiple/4ee9ec22-f550-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5

Thursday, June 29, 2017 8:45 PM
  • Hi msdnPublicIdentity,

in Access , there is no built in feature to merge the report in single PDF.

so you can try to export the reports as PDF and then try to merge them using any third party library.

Option Compare Database
    Private Sub Create_PDF()
    Dim myPath As String
    Dim strReportName As String

DoCmd.OpenReport "Table1 Report", acViewPreview

myPath = "C: \Documents\"
    strReportName = "Table1 Report" & Format(DateTime.Now, "yyyymmdd") & ".pdf"

DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "", acFormatPDF, myPath + strReportName, True
    DoCmd.Close
    End Sub

Reference:

Print Batch Reports to One PDF in Access

but if your question is regarding Adobe plug In then I suggest you to ask the question on Adobe Forum.

they will provide library if available and sample code to do the same.

below is the link for Adobe Forum.

Adobe Forum

Disclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 8:42 AM
  • This is a function that I've used in Access to combine reports into one PDF. As noted earlier, you need to export your access reports to PDF format first, and then merge the separate PDFs. You need the Adobe plug-in and Acrobat Pro for this to work. This code works in Access 2010 (I'm not sure about newer versions).

' Notes: ' arrPDF() is a string array containing all the file paths for PDFs to be merged. ' strDest is the file path for the final, merged PDF. Sub PDFMerge(arrPDF() As String, strDest As String) Dim i As Integer Dim p As New clsPDF With p .ClearFileList For i = 0 To (UBound(arrPDF) - 1) .AddFile arrPDF(i) Next .Destination = strDest .Merge End With End Sub

This utilizes the code posted in post 3 in the following thread, saved as a separate class module (clsPDF):

clsPDF Class Module

Miriam Bizup Access MVP

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 10:19 AM
  • thanks all.  I did some brief review of things over on the Adobe side - - and it strikes me that merging multiple pdfs into one is now a routine thing if you have Acrobat software.

so it is my view one shouldn't attempt to prolong a discontinued plug in and instead will go with a vanilla approach of just making PDFs out of Access application - - and then relying on Acrobat software to merge them together when needed.

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 11:59 AM