none
Webmatrix site calls another RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi All,

I'm new to Webmatrix and really enjoying it. I'm working on project based on the Starter Site template, one of the pages of this sites requires a collection of photos. I've looked at the Photo Gallery template and would like incorporate it into the Starter Site. I would like the Starter Site style sheets to be the style of the site.

How can I accomplish this?

Thanks in Advance.

Sunday, March 17, 2013 2:25 AM

All replies

• This seems like an easy question, but it doesn't have an easy answer. You could merge the two websites, but there is a considerable amount of work involved in that; there are a lot of duplicate files between the two websites that would have to be compared and the specific features required for each site would have to be merged into the resultant file for the new/combined website. To it could be done, but it would not be easy. (I spent some time trying to merge to two websites earlier, but after an hour or so I realized that there was still a lot of work left to be done.)

There is also the issue that each website has it's own database with separate user accounts, but if you open each database in WebMatrix's database editor you'll see that the Starter Site's database could probably be replaced by the Photo Gallery's website fairly easily.

What you could do on an IIS server is to use the Starter Site in the root of your website and create an application below the root for the Photo Gallery, then merge the CSS files so that the two applications resemble each other with regard to fonts and colors. But you would still have the problem that each website has its own database with separate user accounts.

Friday, March 29, 2013 7:52 AM