DLL Distribution RRS feed

• Question

• If my application name is test, when I build it, it creates test.dll and test.mxl which is an xml document.  When I distribute my applicaiton, do I want to include test.xml as well?

thanks

• Moved by Victor_Chen Wednesday, May 25, 2011 9:35 AM Dll distribution (From:Visual Studio Extensibility)
    Monday, May 23, 2011 7:40 PM

All replies

• Hi Jean,

Thanks for your post.

I think it is a CLR issue, I'm going to move it for better support.

Ziwei Chen [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 9:35 AM
  • I'm assuming you are creating a class library project, in which case just the .dll needs to be distributed. In general it would depend on the kind of project you are creating and in turn on the custom dependency that your project has on.

In any case you can always copy the required files ( In this case just the .dll ) into another private folder and then refer the same into your client project and test and see if it works.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 12:11 PM
  • Test.xml could be the documentation file containing XML comments. There is a option to generate the documentation file in Project options. you can check whether the checkbox to generate the documentation file is checked or not.

Hope it helps.

Abhinav Galodha
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 9:52 AM