none
sub query using multiple tables RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to get back a set of records from one table based on the return values of two other tables.  The way I have my queries works fine but it seems quit ugly and klugie.    

The first query returns a set of records from two tables, on average 6.  From here I go through a foreach loop getting the id from the query and use it to :

1: get the numbers of questions pertaining to the question id

2: get the number of questions that were answered

Is there a better way of doing this?  I have posted my code below, any help would be welcomed.

Thanks Bill O.

class csPercentages

{

public static double Get_ScenarioQuestions_Percentages(string sCategoriID)

{

int cnt = 0;

double numPosible = 0.00, numAnswered = 0.00, completed = 0.00;

IEnumerable<DataRow> Query = (from primST in csGlobalData.primaryScenarioTable.AsEnumerable()

where primST.Field<string>("PARENT_ID") == sCategoriID.ToString()

select primST)

.Union(from detailST in csGlobalData.detailedScenarioTable.AsEnumerable()

where detailST.Field<string>("PARENT_ID") == sCategoriID.ToString()

select detailST);

foreach (DataRow dr in Query)

{

string pID = dr.Field<string>("QUESTION_ID").ToString();

cnt += (from scenQuestion in csGlobalData.modifiedResponseTable.AsEnumerable()

where scenQuestion.Field<string>("PARENT_ID") == pID

select scenQuestion).Count();

numAnswered += (from scenQuestion in csGlobalData.modifiedResponseTable.AsEnumerable()

where scenQuestion.Field<string>("PARENT_ID") == pID &&

!String.IsNullOrEmpty(scenQuestion.Field<string>("SCENARIO_SCORE").ToString())

select scenQuestion).Count();

}

numPosible = cnt / 4; //there are 4 questions per liklihood and there are three liklihoods

//but only one question can be answered per liklihood.

completed =  (numAnswered / numPosible) * 100;

return completed;

}

}

Monday, December 14, 2009 8:10 PM