none
.NET Core Installation Failure RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to install the Microsoft .NET Core 1.0.1 - SDK 1.0.0 Preview 2-003133 on my Windows 10 Professional after installing the Visual Studio Code editor.

I'm getting Setup Failed

One or more issues caused the setup to fail.

0x80070652 - Another installation is already in progress.  Complete that installation before proceeding with this install.

----------------------------------------------------

I've tried to remove any previous installation, but nothing is working. 

Ideas?

Chris

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 12:00 PM

Answers

• Hi chall3809,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to the error message ‘0x80070652 - Another installation is already in progress.  Complete that installation before proceeding with this install.’, please have a try with the following:

1. Go to windows update and install all pending patches, after that, reboot your computer and try to install it.
    2. Open Task Manager and see if there are more than one instance of ‘msiexec.exe’ are running, please kill them then retry the installation.

Best regards,

Sara

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 2:29 AM

All replies

• Open visual studio setup and click modify option, then select the components. It will reinstall.

If you still have problem visit

https://www.microsoft.com/net/download

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 12:50 PM
  • Hi chall3809,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to the error message ‘0x80070652 - Another installation is already in progress.  Complete that installation before proceeding with this install.’, please have a try with the following:

1. Go to windows update and install all pending patches, after that, reboot your computer and try to install it.
    2. Open Task Manager and see if there are more than one instance of ‘msiexec.exe’ are running, please kill them then retry the installation.

Best regards,

Sara

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 2:29 AM
  • Had this when trying to install .NET Core 2.2.1, then couldn't update VS2017 for the same reason.... Although MS probably wouldn't advise this, I got round it by going to Task Manager and Processes and under 'Background Processes' terminating any Windows Installer processes. :) 
    Thursday, January 31, 2019 11:22 AM