none
Openlogic Centos 6.3 image: no kernel-headers RRS feed

• Question

• The only default CentOS-type image in VM gallery is Openlogic CentOS 6.3 image.

After trying to use it, I foudn out the package kernel-headers is missing (can't be found - can't be installed), thus preventing installation of a number of development tools.

Has someone an idea how to overcoma that without trying to use CentOS default repositories (wuth risk to  garble dependencies)?

Thanks.

• Moved by Dino He Tuesday, January 1, 2013 3:13 AM Openlogic OS problem (From:Windows Azure Troubleshooting, Diagnostics & Logging)
    Monday, December 31, 2012 1:35 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can install the kernel-headers by issuing the following:

sudo yum --disableexcludes=main install kernel-headers-2.6.32-279.14.1.el6.openlogic.x86_64

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 4:43 PM

All replies

• HI

This is a Virtual machine question, I will move it to Azure Iaas forum for a better support.

Thanks.

Dino He
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013 3:09 AM
  • Hi,

You can install the kernel-headers by issuing the following:

sudo yum --disableexcludes=main install kernel-headers-2.6.32-279.14.1.el6.openlogic.x86_64

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 4:43 PM
  • Thanks.

I only wonder why I have to deliberately allow it to be installed (the majority of real-life use cases require installing/upgrading development tools such as gcc).

But perhaps you had some reasons.

• Edited by K. Boyandin Thursday, January 3, 2013 1:36 AM
    Thursday, January 3, 2013 1:36 AM
  • Closing this one up. Thanks everyone.
    Thursday, January 3, 2013 8:37 PM
  • This answer was the most helpful across the internet. Glad I finally found it.

Mark O.

Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:03 PM
  • In the automatic scripts, maybe you should use:

sudo yum -y -q --disableexcludes=main install kernel-headers-*.el6.openlogic.x86_64

before the installation of gcc and other packages.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 7:25 AM