Azure Batch - Various SDKs and their use cases RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am exploring the option of using Azure batch for a high volume workload. The use case is about retrieving some 600,000 blobs and splitting it into various batches and distributing those batches across compute nodes. These compute nodes would then process each data in the batch and transform and save it into another blob.

I have noticed that there are various Azure Batch SDK's available but its not clear when to use which. For ex, Azure batch cloud SDK and Azure batch apps client SDK. Now the Azure management portal says that Azure Batch Apps are not supported anymore and only azure batch service can be used.

I am looking to try and find out information about whih SDK I should consider for my use case and how deploy this etc.

Please mark the response as answers if it solves your question or vote as helpful if you find it helpful. http://thoughtorientedarchitecture.blogspot.com/

Monday, October 12, 2015 9:21 PM

Answers

• Hi Haripraghash,

Sorry the the multiple-SDK confusion.  Azure Batch Apps is slowly being rolled into the core Batch service (Azure Batch), which is why we recommend for new work to start with Azure Batch rather than Azure Batch Apps.  The SDK for Batch is located here, there are samples which you can read here.

With that said, there are some features available in Azure Batch Apps which are not yet live in Azure Batch core, one of which is related to logging, which I know you asked about in a previous post.  Somebody who knows more about Azure Batch Apps diagnostic logging will follow up with you in the other thread.

• Marked as answer by Haripraghash Tuesday, October 13, 2015 9:07 PM
    Monday, October 12, 2015 10:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Haripraghash,

Sorry the the multiple-SDK confusion.  Azure Batch Apps is slowly being rolled into the core Batch service (Azure Batch), which is why we recommend for new work to start with Azure Batch rather than Azure Batch Apps.  The SDK for Batch is located here, there are samples which you can read here.

With that said, there are some features available in Azure Batch Apps which are not yet live in Azure Batch core, one of which is related to logging, which I know you asked about in a previous post.  Somebody who knows more about Azure Batch Apps diagnostic logging will follow up with you in the other thread.

• Marked as answer by Haripraghash Tuesday, October 13, 2015 9:07 PM
    Monday, October 12, 2015 10:10 PM
  • Hi Mathew,

Thank you very much for your clarification.

Please mark the response as answers if it solves your question or vote as helpful if you find it helpful. http://thoughtorientedarchitecture.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 9:17 PM