none
How to make Wiki pages searchable RRS feed

• Question

• I created a Wiki library and created some hundereds of wiki pages. How to make this wiki pages searchable.

What I did was, Opened the Wiki Library. Settings-> Document Library settings ->Advanced settings

There I checked radio button "Yes" in "Allow items from this document library to appear in search results? " and clicked "Ok"

Then I opened the site, and in the search textbox, I typed a Wiki page name and hit enter.

But I am getting the following message

"No results matching your search were found."

What I am missing. Any suggessions....

• Edited by EstoySol Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:46 AM
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 6:14 AM

Answers

• Hi Estoysol,

You can go to Shared Service Provider Administration, then click search settings.

Here you can click content sources and crawl schedules to define content source and edit crawl schedules. You can also start full crawl and incremental crawl here. Incremental crawl will crawl the items were changed or added since last crawl. Make sure your wiki site is included by content source.

You can check if items were crawled successfully by going to crawl logs.

Please also check the search visibility at site level. Go to site actions>search visibility to make sure allow web to appear in search results and aspx page were indexed.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pengyu Zhao

• Edited by Pengyu Zhao Thursday, December 1, 2011 8:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Wednesday, December 7, 2011 10:00 AM
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 8:12 AM
  • Also, refer to the following article if you need more information about crawling contents

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262784(office.12).aspx

--Cheers
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 9:11 AM

All replies

• All the content has to be indexed before it is searchable. Did you perform an incremental crawl and try again?
    --Cheers
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 11:31 AM
  • Can you please explain me how to do that.
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 6:54 AM
  • Hi Estoysol,

You can go to Shared Service Provider Administration, then click search settings.

Here you can click content sources and crawl schedules to define content source and edit crawl schedules. You can also start full crawl and incremental crawl here. Incremental crawl will crawl the items were changed or added since last crawl. Make sure your wiki site is included by content source.

You can check if items were crawled successfully by going to crawl logs.

Please also check the search visibility at site level. Go to site actions>search visibility to make sure allow web to appear in search results and aspx page were indexed.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pengyu Zhao

• Edited by Pengyu Zhao Thursday, December 1, 2011 8:26 AM
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 8:12 AM
  • Also, refer to the following article if you need more information about crawling contents

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262784(office.12).aspx

--Cheers
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 9:11 AM